Bye bye transmission!!!!!

mp3-79bronco

:
2001 protege mp3
well my tranny is officiall ******... i went to shift into 3rd, and it was like neutral...now my car is locked in 4th...i can shift it from 3rd to forth while driving and it does nothing...but i cant go to 1st 2nd 5th or reverse

same thing happened to me im stuck w.o a 3rd gear synronyzer went out. currently lookin for another tranny!

at least you can still move! when i blew mine everything just locked up! once we opened the transmission it was confirmed.. total distruction!

good times.. $2000 later that is.

You guys are scaring the s*** out of me you know that? How many miles were on your guys' transmissions when they blew?

ya i will probably replace the fork and TO bearing for sure...and i want to do a new 3rd synchro..but idk how hard that is... also im looking for a LW flywheel and a good clutch

You guys are scaring the s*** out of me you know that? How many miles were on your guys' transmissions when they blew?

right... im with you on this... im about to turbo.. this isnt good news...

HOW MANY MILES!!!!!

(squinty)

cant find the parts..just gonna take the easy way out....i found a tranny locally with 67k miles on it. its a 2002. thats like 45k less than mine. price is 550 but im gonna try and talk it down some

Back