Bridgestone Weatherpeak Tires for 2019 CX-5 Touring?

My ‘19 CX-5 Touring needs tires. I'm NOT a "zoom-zoom" person so cornering ability, etc. doesn’t matter to me. I DO drive on poorly maintained back country roads, as well as in town/highway, but not too often in snow/ice.
Considering the Bridgestone Weatherpeak…. (I know lots of folks love and write about the Michelin Crossclimate SUV but I’m hoping to hear about the Bridgestone which I haven’t found as much about.)
Thx.

My ‘19 CX-5 Touring needs tires. I'm NOT a "zoom-zoom" person so cornering ability, etc. doesn’t matter to me. I DO drive on poorly maintained back country roads, as well as in town/highway, but not too often in snow/ice.
Considering the Bridgestone Weatherpeak…. (I know lots of folks love and write about the Michelin Crossclimate SUV but I’m hoping to hear about the Bridgestone which I haven’t found as much about.)
Thx.
I actually bought the Bridgestone Weatherpeak for my '22 CX-5 Turbo as a spring/summer/fall tire and have been really impressed with how quiet they are compared to the Michelin CrossClimate 2's. Even better, I was able to drive the Weatherpeaks in deep snow, uphill, past the city plow which had become stuck down in Utah a couple months ago - they were quite impressive! Now, don't get me wrong, they're not as solid as a dedicated snow tire and ABS will still kick on when you're stopping on snow or ice, but they're wayyyyyyyyy better than the factory Toyos in winter conditions and, if you're careful, they'll get you where you need to go better than any all-season tire. To be clear, I run Bridgestone Blizzak WS-90s on this car in the winter, but I wanted to replace the crap Toyo's that I run during the other seasons with something that would keep me out of trouble if I'm late to get my dedicated snow tires on next fall, and also something that would allow me to take roadtrips from my snowy climate to warmer climates during the early winter without wearing out my Blizzaks. My feeling is that the CrossClimates may be a tiny bit more capable in the snow but are also much louder on the road. I would recommend both/either brand/model of tire. Hope that helps.

Thx.
whereabouts are you located? if not in the north (or even if so), an all terrain tire may work well for you. otherwise, if you're not driving a lot on dirt or gravel roads, there are a lot of all season tires that can be had for cheaper if you don't need one good in snow. i spent more than i wanted on the general altimax rt45 (which is a very good all-around tire), but i needed a tire that would hold up well in the northeast winters (they held up VERY well this past winter, btw). if i lived down south, i'd probably get a cheaper tire as long as it was rated well for the rain and hydroplaning and other more southern occurences.

whereabouts are you located? if not in the north (or even if so), an all terrain tire may work well for you. otherwise, if you're not driving a lot on dirt or gravel roads, there are a lot of all season tires that can be had for cheaper if you don't need one good in snow. i spent more than i wanted on the general altimax rt45 (which is a very good all-around tire), but i needed a tire that would hold up well in the northeast winters (they held up VERY well this past winter, btw). if i lived down south, i'd probably get a cheaper tire as long as it was rated well for the rain and hydroplaning and other more southern occurences.
Thank you for your help. I’m in Massachusetts, but for much of the winter, we escape to New Orleans and leave the car behind (our version of snow birds).
I do drive some little known back roads — many are still hard packed dirt— and also “explore” former roads that are now overgrown. As I’m now officially a geezer, I wanted a very reliable, good gripping, wet and dry pavement tire that would hold up well. I just ordered the Weatherpeak and hope to be pleased.

I actually bought the Bridgestone Weatherpeak for my '22 CX-5 Turbo as a spring/summer/fall tire and have been really impressed with how quiet they are compared to the Michelin CrossClimate 2's. Even better, I was able to drive the Weatherpeaks in deep snow, uphill, past the city plow which had become stuck down in Utah a couple months ago - they were quite impressive! Now, don't get me wrong, they're not as solid as a dedicated snow tire and ABS will still kick on when you're stopping on snow or ice, but they're wayyyyyyyyy better than the factory Toyos in winter conditions and, if you're careful, they'll get you where you need to go better than any all-season tire. To be clear, I run Bridgestone Blizzak WS-90s on this car in the winter, but I wanted to replace the crap Toyo's that I run during the other seasons with something that would keep me out of trouble if I'm late to get my dedicated snow tires on next fall, and also something that would allow me to take roadtrips from my snowy climate to warmer climates during the early winter without wearing out my Blizzaks. My feeling is that the CrossClimates may be a tiny bit more capable in the snow but are also much louder on the road. I would recommend both/either brand/model of tire. Hope that helps.
Thank you for the info. Though I sometimes drive in snow and ice, I was impressed by how well these are rated for both wet and dry pavement, and for being quiet. I’m waiting for them to arrive to my tire guy and have fingers crossed.

Thank you for your help. I’m in Massachusetts, but for much of the winter, we escape to New Orleans and leave the car behind (our version of snow birds).
I do drive some little known back roads — many are still hard packed dirt— and also “explore” former roads that are now overgrown. As I’m now officially a geezer, I wanted a very reliable, good gripping, wet and dry pavement tire that would hold up well. I just ordered the Weatherpeak and hope to be pleased.

Thank you for the info. Though I sometimes drive in snow and ice, I was impressed by how well these are rated for both wet and dry pavement, and for being quiet. I’m waiting for them to arrive to my tire guy and have fingers crossed.
ok, looks like a good tire. i'm no tire expert, but that tread pattern looks like it will be good for light off road use.(y)

Back