Bluetooth Reset

jbhall56

:
2009 Mazda 6 iGT
My wife has a 2009 Mazda 6 iGT with the navigation system. A couple of weeks ago while I was out of town, she pressed a bunch of buttons (of course she doesn't remember which ones or what order) and now her Bluetooth no longer functions. In fact, it is now greyed out on the screen and I cannot find a way to get to it to reset it.

I have been to a boatload of Mazda Forum sites and there are all sorts of posts about some magical button sequence you can use to reset Bluetooth as well as the navigation head, but no one seems to have had the decency to actually post the stupid button sequence. However, they are all keen on the fact that whatever they were told to do worked and reset Bluetooth.

Let's all help the Mazda community and for once, document what it is that resets this stupid piece of electronics so that people do not have to search the Internet for the rest of their lives to find the magical code. And for any of you Mazda engineers out there, how about just putting the code in the manual. You will really enhance the customer service experience if you stop keeping things a secret. Your dealer service departments really do not like dealing with these sorts of problems even though they can collect some decent money for doing a 5 second repair.

Did you find the solution for this, does anyone have an answer? I have a 2010 CX-9 bought recently and all bluetooth options are greyed out on the screen.
Thanks.

My wife has a 2009 Mazda 6 iGT with the navigation system. A couple of weeks ago while I was out of town, she pressed a bunch of buttons (of course she doesn't remember which ones or what order) and now her Bluetooth no longer functions. In fact, it is now greyed out on the screen and I cannot find a way to get to it to reset it.

I have been to a boatload of Mazda Forum sites and there are all sorts of posts about some magical button sequence you can use to reset Bluetooth as well as the navigation head, but no one seems to have had the decency to actually post the stupid button sequence. However, they are all keen on the fact that whatever they were told to do worked and reset Bluetooth.

Let's all help the Mazda community and for once, document what it is that resets this stupid piece of electronics so that people do not have to search the Internet for the rest of their lives to find the magical code. And for any of you Mazda engineers out there, how about just putting the code in the manual. You will really enhance the customer service experience if you stop keeping things a secret. Your dealer service departments really do not like dealing with these sorts of problems even though they can collect some decent money for doing a 5 second repair.

Hello, did you ever find a solution? Or did you have to take it to the dealer? When I hit the telephone button, it does nothing. It isn't "listening" or doing anything. I would love to find a fix without bringing to dealer. Thanks!

Have you tried disconnecting the car's battery for a couple minutes? Keep in mind this would reset everything else, but maybe it'll be the fix.

Back