Bike to Work Week

I was thinking of getting a hybrid for the trails (rails to trails) that are around here. Then I unearthed my 10 year old rollerblades (thank my mom for forcing me to get ones larger than my feet at the time, they still fit!).

I was thinking of getting a hybrid for the trails (rails to trails) that are around here. Then I unearthed my 10 year old rollerblades (thank my mom for forcing me to get ones larger than my feet at the time, they still fit!).

oi I used to roller blade a bit, def can't do it anymore, same with skiing.

I definitely enjoy skating to stay in shape. I own a pair of inline speed skates and I used to do those constantly to stay in shape.

I used to work at a skating rink before I joined the military. I worked every aspect of the rink from repairing skates to working the floor as a guard. I have skated on both platforms (inlines and quads) for a long time and know them very well. I've done a lot from competition speed skating to dancing in quad skates. You name it, I've done it. I can teach just about anyone to skate or do whatever. hehehehe

I rode to school today...it might rain later though...so we'll see if I ride back haha.

I raced my roomie from home here, she drove, I rode...beat her by a minute or so :)

I've done a lot from competition speed skating to dancing in quad skates. You name it, I've done it. I can teach just about anyone to skate or do whatever. hehehehe

Heh heh, trying to picture this in my head...

blades_l.jpg

Man, I haven't been on a set of rollerblades since middle school.

Nothing wrong with a hybrid bike. I have a trek 7300fx hybrid and it is rock solid. I love it.

When I lived in Avon, I'd do 15 miles a day. I'd start at the elementary school off of Harris Rd, and go all the way through Unionville and back. You are lucky. Those rails to trails paths are fantastic.

Rode my bike today. Going to ride to work tomorrow for the 1st time. Should be interesting

rode to work yesterday......only becasue i had to get a flat repaired on the pacifica........

probably will ride to work friday........i like getting out in these chilly AM's!

did you get a road or mountain bike bruce?

-R

rode to work yesterday......only becasue i had to get a flat repaired on the pacifica........

probably will ride to work friday........i like getting out in these chilly AM's!

did you get a road or mountain bike bruce?

-R

Got a hybrid bike. Didn't want a mountain bike but didn't want the narrow tires and u shaped handle bars of a road bike. I like it. Took me about 20 mins to get to work, nice ride, hilly though. Used all 21 gears. need more.

And oh yeah, my ass is killing me. Hardly wait for the ride home today.

Got a hybrid bike. Didn't want a mountain bike but didn't want the narrow tires and u shaped handle bars of a road bike. I like it. Took me about 20 mins to get to work, nice ride, hilly though. Used all 21 gears. need more.

And oh yeah, my ass is killing me. Hardly wait for the ride home today.
good for you! ya, i got a jel seat (cover) for my bike, it helps!

Me at the beginning of the Pan Mass Challenge last year!

-R

Attachments

• RyanPMC.jpg
    RyanPMC.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 118
  • PMC.jpg
    PMC.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 163
I'm beginning to like biking in to work despite the fact my ass still hurts. Did the ride back home yesterday in 18 mins. Today did 17 mins on the way in which was pretty good from the 20 mins it took me yesterday.

Hoping it doesn't rain later today.

Ryan, is that a little propeller on your head?

For me riding a bike won't work to well. I have a 20 mile drive all highway.
But I would like to get either a Harley or a Ninja to cut back on gas.
But i don't like the idea of riding on the interstate with all the trucks.

Back