Bigger wheels/Lift

jorda

:
mazda MP3
Anyone have any advice for what to do about getting wider wheels? I want to put wider wheels on the rear instead of adding any spacers. Thoughts anyone? I am willing to trim and or cut the edge of the wheel well. Also, any ideas for how to raise the back end of the car? I see a lot of info about lowering the vehicle, but no one seems to want to raise it. Any info at all would be much appreciated.

a wider wheel is fine, although the protege platform doesnt have a lot of space back there. Get your fenders rolled instead of cutting them, it wont look ghetto. you could raise the rear with spacers, but you'd have to have them custom made at a machine shop. coilovers will also allow you to raise the car to some extent.

Please don't hellaflush an mp3, they're rare cars and don't deserve it. Get a regular protege and get a bumper ill even give you the wing

I don't think this guy wants to "helleflush" an MP3. seems like he wants clearance for something bigger than stock tire size..

What do you want to do that makes you think you NEED to lift an MP3?

He wants wider rear tires, 99% of the time that's going for the hella flush theme. 17s look great on a protege 18s look odd. But wider rear tires on a fwd just looks retarded IMO.

Just so I can contribute rather than b**** and gripe about something that is retarded there used to be a 2" lift kit for protgs, I'm sure you can find it. Or stock protege springs will raise it .5-.75"

I just dont like the lowered look at all. What i want is to have the look where the nose looks lower than the rear, but i dont want to lower it because i want that ground clearance, so lifting the rear made sense.

As for the hellaflush and all that, idk what you are talking about, i just wanted a wider stance from the car because its what i like. In terms of cost, coilovers or spacers or new shocks, what would be cheapest versus what would be best?

Do basically you're trying to make it look like a rwd muscle car? My 323 has the rear rake and I hate it

Idk what a rear rake is either. And i guess you could say that if it helps get the idea across. I think a lot of the mp3s look cool with all their mods, but i dont want that for my car. I dont care for the lowered street racing look.

It's not even that low unless you have bad struts. If you want to raise it get regular protege springs

Back