How to improve CX-5 handling on corners?

Hello there, wondering if y’all have any info/recommendations on how to improve a 2022 cx5 handling, specifically on corners.

Was thinking of lowering it 1.5” and/or adding 1” -2” spacers to the wheels for a wider stance.

Thoughts?

Thanks y’all

FWIW, I lowered the car using an aftermarket suspension (but really, the lowering springs would have been just fine) and upgraded to 245/45R20 Conti DWS06 Plus tires on lighter wheels and shaved off 7 pounds per corner.

It helped, for certain.

I'm chasing the same setup I have the Corksport spings, Bilstein B6, and adjustable control arms ready to be installed later in the spring along with the JB4. I'm also researching wheel options, probably going for 20" with 245/45R20.

Digging these, but $600/wheel isn't in the budget
View attachment 317737

I'm a bit leery to be the test mule trying random sway bar mods (not that I've seen any that are actually available for purchase anyway).

Note: I've been down this path in the past with my '98 CRV. I had Eibach springs, Koni Yellow shocks front and rear strut braces, and decent tires... it was a lot of fun. It definitely hit the limits of what I was comfortable with. However it was a known issue with upgraded swaybar mounts tearing out of the vehicle. As it wasI broke 2 end-links on the stock rear sway bar.

I read about an instance of an upgrade rear sway bar tearing out on a CX5, and the mounts needing to be welded back on... not something I want to deal with.

FWIW, I went with these and am very pleased so far.

Attachments

• PXL_20220802_143546206.NIGHT_2.jpg
    PXL_20220802_143546206.NIGHT_2.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 68
Back