Big Brakes for CHEAP!

I have a set of slightly used speed6 motors(all 4) in my shed....hopefully getting speed6 calipers and hawk pads and ss lines soon...only thing I can't seem to find is speed 6 ebrake cables.....any hints guys?

I have a set of slightly used speed6 motors(all 4) in my shed....hopefully getting speed6 calipers and hawk pads and ss lines soon...only thing I can't seem to find is speed 6 ebrake cables.....any hints guys?

Get a shop to make you a custom cable as the MS6 cable is still a tad too short to route via oem paths...

Yeah I know I need to wash it, and a daylight pic would be nice, but you get the idea. I only have about 1/4" clearance between the caliper and wheel. That's on the diameter and the front due to the offset of the oem wheels. Drove the 40+ miles to work this morning and stopping the car is now effortless as compared to the stock setup.

IMG_2077.jpg

Last edited:
Just one more question, what about the brake lines, if go with the stainless steel lines, which one I have to buy, mp5 or m6?

Well. I got all my m6 brakes ready to install, but I was checking the size of my p5 calipers and the m6 calipers , and they almost the same, of course the brake pads are bigger, and the calipers and rotors way heavier than the stock ones of my p5, now I just wondering if it is a good idea to make this swap jeje...

Ok guys so I need front brakes badddddddd. I found calipers locally that are from a regular mazda6 and I can probably get both front calipers with brackets for around $40 and be able to also add a couple of bucks and get the rotors/pads also. Regular mazda6 NON speed6 will work on a mazdaspeed protege right?Can I use non speed6 calipers on speed6 rotors/pads? I doubt I can but it's worth the question.

Ok guys so I need front brakes badddddddd. I found calipers locally that are from a regular mazda6 and I can probably get both front calipers with brackets for around $40 and be able to also add a couple of bucks and get the rotors/pads also. Regular mazda6 NON speed6 will work on a mazdaspeed protege right?Can I use non speed6 calipers on speed6 rotors/pads? I doubt I can but it's worth the question.

nope. they're different. if you're getting reg 6 brakes, only get the rotors/pads for that car/year.

Ok I understand. So all parts needs to be all from the same model. I like the size of the ms6.Wll the factory msp racing hart wheels fit fine over the ms6 rotors,etc?

the regular mazda6 brakes are comparible to the stock mazdaspeed protege brakes, so not worth it. (in my opinion) if you have a mazdaspeed protege, best to step up to the mazdaspeed6 brakes, or not at all.

m6 brakes

M6 calipers and power slot rotors installed this morning, looks great. Brake is softer.

Attachments

• mazda 6 caliper.jpg
    mazda 6 caliper.jpg
    362.2 KB · Views: 192
Back