Berty's Cosmo

My alternator needed a rebuild of sorts when I first got it. The local rotary garage fixed it up without issue. It has been running fine for a couple of years now.

Good to know an FD alternator will fit.

Hmmm Your the one that stole my bodykit hey? Just kidding. I emailed Sir20B and deposited money and everything and then he said he sold it to someone else. I was waiting for a week or so for him to tell me bank account details. If he had given them to me when I asked you would have missed out on that one. As it is I bought the interior out of the car - or at least I hope I did. I have made a deposit and he said I can have it but at the time he was bringing the car across. I wonder if he couldn't get approval?

Yeah the RX7 alternator works - have had one on mine for three years now - just switch the pully and away you go - everything just bolts up. Any auto sparky should be able to change the pully for you.

Hmmm Your the one that stole my bodykit hey? Just kidding. I emailed Sir20B and deposited money and everything and then he said he sold it to someone else. I was waiting for a week or so for him to tell me bank account details. If he had given them to me when I asked you would have missed out on that one. As it is I bought the interior out of the car - or at least I hope I did. I have made a deposit and he said I can have it but at the time he was bringing the car across. I wonder if he couldn't get approval?

Yeah the RX7 alternator works - have had one on mine for three years now - just switch the pully and away you go - everything just bolts up. Any auto sparky should be able to change the pully for you.

Sorry mate. :( If it is any consolation, you got to the black interior before I did!

He has another coming into the country and I am thinking about grabbing the interior out of that one once it is landed.

I don't know if you are interested, but I might be selling the Mazda Speed front bar as I have a RE-Amemiya front bar coming in also. After seeing it on another Cosmo's owners car, I really dig the combo.

:) - Its all good. How much do you want for the front bar? May be keen depending on what I am doing over the next few months - maybe moving up your way.

Berty,
Have you got any pictures of the of the 2 different front bars?

So this is the Mazdaspeed one...

121808221311989.jpg

And this is the RE-Amemiya one...

01lr.jpg

For further reference this is the Auto-Exe one...

04lo.jpg

And this is the "Type 2" Mazdaspeed one...

4543391698c178da658bb1m.jpg

:) - Its all good. How much do you want for the front bar? May be keen depending on what I am doing over the next few months - maybe moving up your way.

It will be good to another Cosmo owner locally. Especially now that there is a 110S kicking around Brisbane now!

Regarding the front bar, I wouldnt mind fitting both before making up my mind, but I will let you know.

Last edited:
Hi Berty,

Yes I am with you the Re Am one is really nice a lot more flush to the body as well,, Mind you the Mazdaspeed 2 one looks pretty damm good as well,,

Can you still buy them in Aus or is it 2nd hand stuff only?
I do still think Colour coded is the best route as they dont look so much like a bolt on after thought

Frank

Hi Berty,

Yes I am with you the Re Am one is really nice a lot more flush to the body as well,, Mind you the Mazdaspeed 2 one looks pretty damm good as well,,

Can you still buy them in Aus or is it 2nd hand stuff only?
I do still think Colour coded is the best route as they dont look so much like a bolt on after thought

Frank

Both body kits were purchased from Japan, although the Mazdaspeed kit was organized through an Aussie bloke.

You can still buy the RE-A and Auto-Exe kits new but you are looking at around $1500USD before shipping.

Berty, are you sure they still make the RE-A bumper? I talked to the guys from RE-A last year and they said no on the Cosmo parts.

Berty, are you sure they still make the RE-A bumper? I talked to the guys from RE-A last year and they said no on the Cosmo parts.

My mistake then, I was just going off the fact that they have recently added items to the Cosmo section of their webpage so I thought that the parts were still current.

yeah, that's why I contacted them.. But apparently they don't have any made nor I don't think they know where the molds are.

They did tell me they have to talk to the guy who makes it, but never got back to me after 6 months of trying to get updates.. i gave up.

Well, How many of you are serious about getting some of these body or suspension parts??

I've talked with AutoEXE and they might be interested in making some of their old suspension stuff if enough are interested.

Well, How many of you are serious about getting some of these body or suspension parts??

I've talked with AutoEXE and they might be interested in making some of their old suspension stuff if enough are interested.

I'm definitely interested in AutoExe chassis bracing...Even in Japan, when I mention Eunos Cosmo parts to vendors, some laugh because the market in Japan at this point is almost non-existent...:(

We're all 10 years too late...lol!

Small update...

Bits and peices have slowly been arriving. I grabbed an RX7 alternator thanks to the advice of pjman and I will be getting the pulleys changed over soon. The RE-Amemiya front bar got here from Japan in 3 days! The Mazda speed kit arrived this afternoon, but it just missing a few bits and peices that the seller is getting sorted for me.

One of the more unusual things to arrive was a "Pan-Speed 20B Sports Tune ECU" I installed it today but really havent had a chance to put it through its paces. One thing that I did notice though is that it is pretty tame below 3K but as soon as it goes beyond this, its another story. I was hesitent to really test it yet, because I know absolutely nothing about it! If anybody can give me the specs on this ECU then it would be much appreciated.

Back