Backfire while deflooding

lavishauto

:
2007 mazdaspeed3
Ok, so I just got an RX8 and was told it's flooded. Kid ran it out of gas, put gas in it and didnt cycle the fuel pump. Also says the motor had good compresson. So I'm trying to deflood it after awhile of trying I start to let off the gas slowly and see if it'll try to start, but I have the gas almost all the way up and it'll backfire pretty bad and won't attempt to start. Bad compression or just very flooded?

Also, I changed the Plugs, wires, Coils, oil, and oil filter all at the same time. After about 8 times I'll start bringing my foot up slowly and it'll back fire. Sometimes it sounds as if It's Grumbling. So I'll put the gas to the Floor and try the deFlooding process again a few more times and it'll just back fire again when I start lifting my foot up.

Tried getting it pop started in 2nd gear and wouldnt stay running. Has no throttle either, when I'd push on the gas Peddle it wouldn't have any acceleration or even try to. It would just back fire a lot. Called the Erie Pa Mazda dealer and said I could have wires backwards and I don't. Plugs are in the right places too. Anybody have an idea why my car might not be starting or stay started when popped started?

You may want to go to a RX8 specific forum, sounds like you have bigger issues than flooding(though I am no expert). They will definitely be able to help you more, especially since no one seems to be replying to your thread here.

Back