ARRRRRGH! Learn to Park! @$$!%&$*

Foolish

...of Awesometon
:
'94 Miata! '10 Mazda5 Sport 5MT, '16 Mazda3 S GT
This is a brief rant, 'cause someone pissed me off this morning, and i need to share.

I got to campus this morning, driving the MPV, listening to Mike Doughty on the MP3 player. I pulled in to a spot in the parking garage that had an empty spot to the right. Since I was enjoying the song I was listening to, I turned off the van and sat for a minute until it was over. As I was just about to get out and head for class, this 12-year-old moron pulls crookedly into the spot next to me in a pearl white $70,000+ Lexus LX SUV, stops 4-6 inches from my passenger door and shuts it down, clearly planning to get out regardless of the inevitable damage to both of our doors. (no)

Rather than wait for the door ding, I re-started the van, backed out of my spot, and parked across the isle from this first-time-driver in mommy's uber-SUV. Now, clearly, this kid wasn't actually 12, and it probably wasn't his first time driving ever, but I just don't understand why people put their (even college-aged) kids in $70-80,000 Luxury vehicles? (smash)

I was going to also ask why these kids don't make any effort to take care of their stuff, but the obvious answer to that is that they've been given everything, and have had to earn none of it, so it's worthless to them, but the whole thing kind of pissed me off. Even though my van isn't exactly pristine, and he'd have been the $$ loser in a paint-swap, I was not willing to let him smack my van. I'm pretty sure he was completely oblivious to the fact that I moved because of his crappy parking, too.(smash)

Anyway, now I feel like an old man standing on the porch yelling at the kids to stay off of my lawn, but at least I got that bitching off of my chest. Stupid kids! ;)

The greatest thing about this story is that the song I was sitting in the van listening to was Mike Doughty's White Lexus! Sure the song has nothing to do with bad parking, but it was still a crazy coincidence!(rofl)

Try to feel nothing on command
When your white Lexus comes
The thrill
Be damned
Damn it to the last damned man.

Last edited:
A lot of people either don't care or are just Aholes. My friend yelled at a guy in a van that parked sideways across 3 handicapped spots to go into the gas station for a few minutes. The guy just turned and gave the middle finger (shrug)

yep, only when you earn it or work hard for it do you really appreciate it.

that's when I'd call the police. I hear illegaly parking in one handicapped spot nets a pretty hefty fine, but three? (alright)

A lot of people either don't care or are just Aholes. My friend yelled at a guy in a van that parked sideways across 3 handicapped spots to go into the gas station for a few minutes. The guy just turned and gave the middle finger (shrug)

I have this recurring "traffic vigilante" fantasy, where I buy a huge 1970's American Car, and outfit it with push-bars front and rear, some kind of roll cage inside or out(!) and racing seats with harnesses, so that I'm basically invulnerable inside. I would also equip it with cameras shooting video in all directions. Then I drive around and let crappy drivers hit me, and collect money from their insurance companies! I've expended so much effort throughout my life avoiding accidents by yielding to idiots with no concept of right-of-way (just did it again yesterday, actually) and I think it would be nice to just let them hit my traffic vigilante car! After the collision, I could call the police, show the officer my video, and collect from the moron's insurance company. Then I'd just weld a new bumper-bar on the car and go back into battle! :D

It would be something like this:
1975_c11.jpg

With something like this built around it:

cage1.jpg

Last edited:
I think you're having the same daydream a lot of us commuters have Eric!

And I'm taking MARTA into work now, so the hunt is always on for the 'perfect' parking spot - hopefully next to someone who doesn't want to ding my car anymore than they want me to ding theirs. I already picked up a ding/white paint swap from parking in the deck. :(

I think you're having the same daydream a lot of us commuters have Eric!

And I'm taking MARTA into work now, so the hunt is always on for the 'perfect' parking spot - hopefully next to someone who doesn't want to ding my car anymore than they want me to ding theirs. I already picked up a ding/white paint swap from parking in the deck. :(

Marta FTW I always park on the fifth floor at north springs and try to park where I will have the longest walk to the stairs (elevator ftl) so no one will park close to me. I'm more paranoid about parking at my apartments than parking at marta.

The other nice thing about the "vigilante" car would be parking right up next to (like 1 inch from) asshats like the kid this morning who can't fit in a parking space!

Go ahead, swing your door wide, see if I care! :D

Reminds me of The Simpsons episode where Bart painted all the parking spaces at the school 1 foot narower and everyone was stuck in their cars.

I really like your vigilante car build. You really have to get this car now http://athensga.craigslist.org/car/380076047.html

0101070104060103102007072318e89ac0dd728dc493003bc2.jpg

I know some really good places around town to look for accidents(doughpoke

reminds me of this time when i was waiting for my parents to get out of the supermarket and this girl in a scion opened her passenger door into my driver's door...while i was inside...she just looked and me and walked away...luckily, no damage on my part, but a nice scrape mark on her door from the impact

i thought lexuses were good parkers, that's what the commercials say :) and audi's counter is the best "For luxury car drivers who can park themselves."

yea, how would you brand it? if BMW, Mercedes and Lexus are luxury cars Audi fits right in with them

Maybe they are...I just see lexus as overpriced toyotas. I think of lincoln and Buick as luxury cars because they are what old people drive.

Audi's don't seem to be as nice as a lot of other cars I have been in.

ever park away from everyone in the back of the lot, only to come out of the store and find a piece of crap park next to you(hand)?? what is it with these people? anyway, my years of experiance tells me many, many people don't care about their property, so whay should they car about ours??(glare)

ever park away from everyone in the back of the lot, only to come out of the store and find a piece of crap park next to you(hand)?? what is it with these people? anyway, my years of experiance tells me many, many people don't care about their property, so whay should they car about ours??(glare)

It is a lot more than just disrespecting property. It is disrespecting people. People are greedy selfish bastards and diserve to be shot in the face.

(pissed) (gun)

I think of lincoln and Buick as luxury cars because they are what old people drive.
i think of those as just terrible cars. neither are really all that nice in the luxury department. audis are way nicer

Audi's don't seem to be as nice as a lot of other cars I have been in.
really? any audi i've been in after the A4 was introduced in the mid 90s has been super nice and they kept improving. the ones before the A4 were not really luxury but interior luxury is usually something that modern writers consistently give praise to audi for

ever park away from everyone in the back of the lot, only to come out of the store and find a piece of crap park next to you(hand)??
it's because they feel that some pompous person felt their car was better than everyone else's and for some reason needed to park way away from everyone to show everyone how much better they are. it's normally a piece of crap because it shows the irony better

Back