arm alarm with tt

lol, i dont remember :D
it's cool.
thanks for your input in this thread......i added some points for you.

rofl..2day at lunch i get out of my car, 40sec countdown begins, i lock/arm then go inside..

as soon as i get inside i hear a honk...look oustide, car looks fine, then another, and another.....im like wtf? turns out it was the music settin it off.

noclue119 said:
some one going to do a how to and stick it in the how to section?
Yup, this mod is great! I too noticed having my music with bass on made the alarm "honk" until the TT shut the car off.

(first) prize

- Brian

SoniCraze said:
rofl..2day at lunch i get out of my car, 40sec countdown begins, i lock/arm then go inside..

as soon as i get inside i hear a honk...look oustide, car looks fine, then another, and another.....im like wtf? turns out it was the music settin it off.

Had the same problem as well....I wonder if having a louder exhaust will set it off?

i have my sensor pretty sensitive.
although it does beep sometimes when the car shuts off, it never goes off because of my exhaust......and it is pretty deep.
actually none of the exhausts i've heard are loud at idle so it should be ok.

Wiggles6983 said:
Ok if you do this, say somepne breaks into your car while the engine is off and the alarm is going off, does it still kill the starter so they can't as easily drive away with it? (really simple to test, just sit in the car with the TT running the engine, arm the alarm, let the TT shut the engine off, then open your door to set the alarm off and try to start the car) Also, is there a way for the alarm to kill the engine while the tt is running it if the alarms goes off?
Anyone have an answer to this? I'm going to try this mod just want to make sure beforehand. Thanks :)

The starter kill still works. The wires that kill the starter are the two larger guage wires going to your alarm module via the smaller plug (if you are in doubt you can unplug this an try to start your car it won't work). The wire you cut is only a +12V sense. It does not directly affect your starter in any way. Another safety function on this is that you wire your TT up to your e-brake. Then if anyone releases the e-brake your timer shuts off your car automatically.

i pretty much have 0 knowledge of alarm systems and stealing cars as well as how you guys figured that out (i guess its easy once you know), but i do understand how it works now thanks to all the info. one question kept popping up in my head while reading this .... with all that info, especially the diagram on the alarm box, how easy would it be to steal our cars ? I know there is no such thing as an unstealable car and that some people can steal any car they want in 10sec but anyway, with what jurgs01 just said

jurgs01 said:
The wires that kill the starter are the two larger guage wires going to your alarm module via the smaller plug
does that mean that cutting those wires would get rid of the starter kill or something like that ?

i'm just a little concerned with the fact that the alarm system diagram is printed on the box =\ but like i said, i dont really know how these things work. maybe having the diagram on the box doesnt change anything ?

help =)

Wow, old thread. One of the best though.

If you're concerned about your ride being stolen, buy a club, and invest in Lojack. Usually a combination of anti-theft devices will keep your car safe but like condoms.... nothing is 100% effective.

Metal MP5 said:
does that mean that cutting those wires would get rid of the starter kill or something like that ?

i'm just a little concerned with the fact that the alarm system diagram is printed on the box =\ but like i said, i dont really know how these things work. maybe having the diagram on the box doesnt change anything ?

help =)
Don't worry about it. The starter kill is the 2 wires that are alone on one plug. If they cut those wires they wouldn't be able to start your car (if you have any doubts unplug those wires from your alarm box and try and start your car, it won't work). When your alarm is set off your ignition is disarmed, and the only way to enable the starter is by reseting the alarm box (like pushing unlock or lock on your keychain). What those wires do is complete a circuit to your starter. If the alarm is set off they break that circuit. Cutting them would break that circuit as well. Like you said, if someone really wants to steal your car there is always a way. Most average criminals are looking for the easy way to do it (I imagine most don't even have a basic knowledge of electrical principal that's just something you see on the movies), and if they see a deterrant they go to an easier target. Oh, and those wires aren't the wires you cut to allow you to arm your alarm (orange wire pin 6 completely different). That wire just tells your alarm whether your starter is in the on position, and has nothing to do with the circuit to the starter.

Installed mine last night. Aside from the assload of wire I have because I didnt have my dremel to install it in a real way (its sandwiched under the steering column) my GReddy FATT is install, and the keyless entry/alarm work. Thanks everyone for the help in this thread.

^^^^ Dude you ganked my Ryu Avatar set!!!! I am the true Ninja!!!! Notice how skillfully I cling to the soft drink sign....or swing the sword...or ninja run.

Back