Infotainment Screen cracking (spider cracks)

No, they're completely different systems. If you don't get a resolution from corporate, fix it yourself or buy a 2018 OEM screen on Ebay. It's plug and play.

I would highly recommend anyone with this issue try the repair yourselves if Mazda doesn't want to cover it. I bought a $35 screen on eBay and followed the instructions laid out in this video. How to DIY fix your Mazda CX-9 Touch Screen problems! Delamination, spider cracking, ghost touch

It took me all of 25 minutes start to finish. It is super easy, doesn't' require any specialized tools. It is plug and play. The screen looks and acts like new!
I just completed this change. Went smoothly for the most part but the video does skip over a few of the more complicated steps. Basically the last step of removing the touch screen glass from the actual LCD display required a little help from my son who just had to hold it in place while I pried it out. But aside from that it worked out great. Sucks that we have to do it, and I hope this new screen lasts longer.

Has anyone swapped out their infotainment with an infotainment that has a larger screen? I have a 2018 Cx9 sport that has the spider crackling on the bottom of the screen. Called the dealership and gave them the service bulletin. They advised me this isn't a recall so I would have to pay for the fix ($1300) for the infotainment. I called Mazda corporate and they escalated my case with no guarantee of a resolution. I see there is a larger screen from a 2021 CX9 on ebay for around $450. Was wondering if these infotainments are interchangeable like that?

I'm not sure if they're interchangeable, but if you're located in the US, the screen replacement should be covered under a Special Service Program. It doesn't list the 2018 CX-9, but the related TSB for this issue does. It stands to reason that the SSP should also cover 2018 models if the related TSB was updated to include them.

Ugh I missed the cut off date by 3 months. My cx9 was manufactured in 8/17

It's still worth bringing it up. Sometimes you'll get someone who will bend the rules a bit or acknowledge that your car should be covered despite not meeting the exact requirements.

It's still worth bringing it up. Sometimes you'll get someone who will bend the rules a bit or acknowledge that your car should be covered despite not meeting the exact requirements.
So an update. I took the car in for service at my dealer and asked them to give me a diagnosis that I can forward to Mazda corporate. They said that after looking at it it's just not the screen that will be replaced but the whole system from the screen to the radio unit and the cost is around 2k. But since I'm a loyal customer they'll replace it under warranty with a $150 deductible. I said sure let's do it. The thing is I upgraded the unit to Android auto/car play myself when I bought the car used and took off the screen. I know for a fact this shouldnt cost as much but grateful that I don't have to pay the bulk of the cost. They don't call them stealerships for nothing.

Back