Are you content with 19” Toyos or replacing them ASAP?

Same as stock oem Toyo's ... 35psi as recommended on door jam sticker.
Since you feel the softer more plush ride on your new LX25’s, and you do tow occasionally, I was wondering if you can try higher tire pressure, ~38 psi? I know on other regions which recommends multiple tire pressures for different speed and weight, the rear can be 42 psi if you’re towing with the CX-5.

I use 39 psi on my Toyo A23’s and Mazda recommends 36 psi cold.

D8B75C1A-D199-4241-89FC-6915936FD068.jpeg

F0CD3412-927C-463E-9F5D-0DE96F20203F.jpeg

7668F71B-B531-48D5-9A7E-CED42728F479.jpeg

0594E764-463D-40E4-9455-8AFE497C7AC4.jpeg

Here're different recommended tire pressures based on load from UK's Mazda CX-5 current online owner's manual. Notice that they all are higher than one-size-fit-all US recommended tire pressure.

Mazda CX-5 Owner's Manual UK Tyre Pressure_01.jpg

Mazda CX-5 Owner's Manual UK Tyre Pressure_02.jpg

350 miles so far on the new LX25’s. Very happy with these so far. Compared to the Altimax the LX25's corner better and are much quieter. I'm amazed at how quiet the '16.5 GT is now with these tires. Hope it lasts as miles are added to these tires.

To answer the original question of this thread, at 4,800 miles, I just replaced my Toyos with Michelin CrossClimate2s on my 2021 GTR. Like my car, the Toyos were still new, but I did so for winter performance. After a couple months of driving on them I’ll have a chance to decide if I’ll get another set of these or the LX25s for my wife’s CX-5 GTR.

Got my $70 MIR back last week on my Conti's. Pretty quick. Bummer you cannot cash it out, buy gas....interesting limitations.

Got my $70 MIR back last week on my Conti's. Pretty quick. Bummer you cannot cash it out, buy gas....interesting limitations.
Too bad even getting a nice dinner at the restaurant with the $70 Visa Prepaid Card may not be a good idea either ⋯

Too bad even getting a nice dinner at the restaurant with the $70 Visa Prepaid Card may not be a good idea either ⋯

Really it's all kind of a wash. Sometimes it's nice to put the money back on the card you made the purchase with conveniently. But, six one..half dozen the other really. Used some of the balance at Costco last night to pick up some items for getting together at my girlfriend's friend's place and she smiled.

Got mine back real quick as well. FYI, you can use them to buy gas, just not at the pump. You have to go inside and prepay at the register with the rebate card.

Got mine back real quick as well. FYI, you can use them to buy gas, just not at the pump. You have to go inside and prepay at the register with the rebate card.

Good to know. Costco is close and I tend to go there but....

I have 150 miles on new 19" LX25's.

Much quieter then A36, smoother on road cracks and better grip. Steering response is a little bit slower, so I turn in a bit quicker to compensate.

Overall very happy.

I have 150 miles on new 19" LX25's.

Much quieter then A36, smoother on road cracks and better grip. Steering response is a little bit slower, so I turn in a bit quicker to compensate.

Overall very happy.
Especially if you also got $110 off from Discount Tire flash sale and $70 Visa Prepaid Card from Continental ⋯

For some reason, I received an additional $70 rebate card in the mail from DT. So on a set of 4 lx25's I received ....

$110 instant cash right off the price
$ 70 rebate from Continental
$ 70 rebate from Discount Tire (DT) for ?
$ 30 rebate from DT for using their 6mo same-as-cash in-store credit program.

So $280 off a $943.71 purchase is a 29.7% savings bringing the end of the game on the car out the door all in price to $663.71 . I like it! 😁

Have I mentioned I love doing business with Discount Tire 👍. You will too. (I have no affiliation with them, just a well cared for happy customer.)

For some reason, I received an additional $70 rebate card in the mail from DT. So on a set of 4 lx25's I received ....

$110 instant cash right off the price
$ 70 rebate from Continental
$ 70 rebate from Discount Tire (DT) for ?
$ 30 rebate from DT for using their 6mo same-as-cash in-store credit program.

So $280 off a $943.71 purchase is a 29.7% savings bringing the end of the game on the car out the door all in price to $663.71 . I like it! 😁

Have I mentioned I love doing business with Discount Tire 👍. You will too. (I have no affiliation with them, just a well cared for happy customer.)
You got lucky on this, but you haven’t beat the $487.29 grand total price paid by SBMongoos for a set of 4 Continental CrossContact LX25’s!

Are you content with 19” Toyos or replacing them ASAP?

Of course his price included huge mileage credit from previously Discount Tire installed General AltiMAX RT43’s.

Yes I like my Discount Tire Store too, and recommend them to everybody who needs tire services.

Replaced the Toyos on both of our 2021 CX-5s with Michelin CrossClimate2s at Discount Tire. One with 2,500 miles, the other with 4,600 miles

Last edited:
To answer the original question of this thread, at 4,800 miles, I just replaced my Toyos with Michelin CrossClimate2s on my 2021 GTR. Like my car, the Toyos were still new, but I did so for winter performance. After a couple months of driving on them I’ll have a chance to decide if I’ll get another set of these or the LX25s for my wife’s CX-5 GTR.
So I guess I'm not crazy. I've got 4,200 miles on my factory Toyos. I'm already thinking of replacing with a quieter/higher quality tire. Unless the asphalt is smooth, those tires are noisy. But, I guess I'll tough it out for a few more miles. How's the Michelins doing by now?

So I guess I'm not crazy. I've got 4,200 miles on my factory Toyos. I'm already thinking of replacing with a quieter/higher quality tire. Unless the asphalt is smooth, those tires are noisy. But, I guess I'll tough it out for a few more miles. How's the Michelins doing by now?
Ended up putting Michelin CrossClimate2s on both of our CX-5s and we love them! Quiet and comfortable. We’ve even recently been driving in the snow, slush and standing water. I’ve been driving in Michigan for 35 years; these are some of the best tires I’ve ever owned.

What I've found is that rough asphalt is noisy driving with any tire. The only thing that blocks the sound is the body and fender noise insulation.

Back