Are you content with 19” Toyos or replacing them ASAP?

I'm fine with the stock tires. They handled some pretty nasty snow this year on Chicago's streets with no problem and are fine for regular day to day driving. I always rotate them every 5K or so.

One of the reasons I lease is to never bother with replacing tires, I leave that for the next guy.
I think they perform poorly in the snow, but maybe that's influenced by the extra torque from the turbo.

I keep waiting for them to wear out, so I can replace them. I may be running out of patience, though. We're at almost 18k miles and they've never been rotated. They're wearing very evenly and still have a lot of life left. I'll probably just replace them before next winter and be done with it.

I think the Toyos are rubbish. My 2.5T did not handle snow very well this past season and it’s awful in the rain. A wet on ramp is a slip and slide for my car until I get on a straightaway. 7k miles on the car and tires. I’m surprised to not see more posts like mine.

Don’t get me wrong— I thoroughly enjoy the vehicle overall.

Edit— read back through the thread and saw a comment about defective Toyo’s/vibration? Does that affect ‘21’s? I had the dealer check out a vibration after taking receipt but they blamed it on overinflation. It’s still present at 60 mph (very minimal, but present).

rubbish but cheap :)
I think only way to know for sure is to get proper road force balance and inspect the tires when dismounted or may be get new tires if one can shell out a stimulus check. Helps the economy.

19 Signature, purchased Aug of that year. The factory Toyo’s have got me thru 2 winters here in the northeast. They’ve been trouble free, smooth and quiet. 18,000 miles now but will replace with 235s, either Conty LX25s or Vredstein pro tracks which I have on my 2013 mazda 3. The Vredsteins are incredibly quiet, smooth ride and handled winter weather great. The only question would be treadware as they are relatively a newer tire on the U.S. market…The LX25s look to have great reviews, great treadware.

I'm keeping mine till they wear out.

I test drove a trim with 17" wheels. The trim I ended up buying came with 19" wheels. It seems to produce a noisier and bumpier ride. Will probably switch to 17" wheels for winter tires.

2019 grand touring. 15k miles. Tire noise is sending me out looking for new tires soon. tires were rotated and still show plenty of tread. Just can’t stand the roaring tires.

2019 grand touring. 15k miles. Tire noise is sending me out looking for new tires soon. tires were rotated and still show plenty of tread. Just can’t stand the roaring tires.
Although getting a new set of tires at 15K miles is kind of early, but now it’s a good time to save some money if you get a new set of Continental CrossContact LX25 tires which has been highly recommended here. Between 7/1/2021 ~ 8/31/2021, Continental offers $70 Visa Prepaid Card if you buy a set of four.

Although getting a new set of tires at 15K miles is kind of early, but now it’s a good time to save some money if you get a new set of Continental CrossContact LX25 tires which has been highly recommended here. Between 7/1/2021 ~ 8/31/2021, Continental offers $70 Visa Prepaid Card if you buy a set of four.
Thanks, noticed that on discount tire website. $70 will pay for most of cost to mount and balance or sales tax.

Thanks, noticed that on discount tire website. $70 will pay for most of cost to mount and balance or sales tax.
It’s a manufacture rebate and you can buy Continental tires from any tire sellers and get the $70 Visa Prepaid Card. I use Discount Tire Store, and they’d do price match to Costco or Tire Rack if their price isn’t lower.

It’s a manufacture rebate and you can buy Continental tires from any tire sellers and get the $70 Visa Prepaid Card. I use Discount Tire Store, and they’d do price match to Costco or Tire Rack if their price isn’t lower.
Well discount tires installed the new Continental tires yesterday. Tire noise improved a little bit, but I was hoping for a bigger improvement. Maybe I’m expecting the car to be quieter than I should. Going on a long trip later in August so we will see then how they do.

Well discount tires installed the new Continental tires yesterday. Tire noise improved a little bit, but I was hoping for a bigger improvement. Maybe I’m expecting the car to be quieter than I should. Going on a long trip later in August so we will see then how they do.
One member mentioned currently there’s an additional $110 instant off from Discount Tire Direct (online store), plus this $70 MIR on Continental CrossContact LX25 tires.

One member mentioned currently there’s an additional $110 instant off from Discount Tire Direct (online store), plus this $70 MIR on Continental CrossContact LX25 tires.
I'll be ready for new tires in a few months but with $110 flash sale PLUS $70 rebate I'll just get them now :) I like saving money $833.71 out the door for 4 at my local discount tire store with a $70 visa card back to me in the mail for a nice dinner next month .

I'll be ready for new tires in a few months but with $110 flash sale PLUS $70 rebate I'll just get them now :) I like saving money $833.71 out the door for 4 at my local discount tire store with a $70 visa card back to me in the mail for a nice dinner next month .
Can you get any mileage credit from your old tires (if you bought them at Discount Tire Store)?

Can you get any mileage credit from your old tires (if you bought them at Discount Tire Store)?
Those are the factory toyo's on my '19 diesel I'm replacing. 33k miles on them now.

225/55R19 factory tires are Toyo A23 on gen-1 CX-5, and Toyo A36 on gen-2 CX-5. They’re very similar on specs and performance, and both are decent tires for the CX-5. And there’re very few people who bought CX-5 got rid of the Toyo tires when new, mainly from those who had encountered vibration issue from brand new defective Toyo’s.
In Eu factory tires are Toyo Proxes R46A, and very happy with them.

Those are the factory toyo's on my '19 diesel I'm replacing. 33k miles on them now.
So you did get $110 (online) flash sale discount PLUS $70 manufacture rebate from a local Discount Tire Store? That’s a great deal!

One member said he had $256 Toyo (mileage?) credit when he purchased a new set of General AltiMax RT43’s previously from DT. Not sure about the details.

So you did get $110 (online) flash sale discount PLUS $70 manufacture rebate from a local Discount Tire Store? That’s a great deal!
Yep. My local DT always honors whatever DTD is doing. I think DT is the hands down best tire store I've ever delt with. My local store is anyway.
One member said he had $256 Toyo (mileage?) credit when he purchased a new set of General AltiMax RT43’s previously from DT. Not sure about the details.
I never asked anything about it and I've been happy enough with the toyo for an oem tire. 34k miles now and 4-5 / 32nds remaining tread makes me think it would go to 40k miles if I wanted to take it down to the nub. I value wet traction a bunch more than eekn' out every last mile from tires. At 4/32, most any brand tire is dead to me, not just toyo.

The other factor is the instability of the car parts world we live in today. Get 'em while they're hot! 😁

I didn't get very good miles out of my OEM Toyos. I reached out to Mazda and they had me contact Toyo. They connected with my local DT and got me the $256 tire credit and there was a $50 (or so) General (RT43s) Tire MIR that I got. I was happy with the out the door price. Been going to DT since the mid 80s.

Today I'm going back to replace my General RT43s. They're at 4/32s. Here's how this one is laid out for the Continental LX25s. Curious to compare them to the Generals. These concrete roads chew up tires quicker I think.

$796.00 Continental CrossContact LX25s (4)
-110.00 instant savings (matched DT online)
-365.28 tire credit (RT43s)
+112.00 certs
+ 5.00 state
+ 84.00 adj bal/val
$521.72
+ 35.57 tax
$557.29
- 70.00 MIR
$487.29 Grand total

Last edited:
Back