Aggressive fitment anyone?!

What are the other closed end, extended lug nuts available? The only ones I know of are the Rays ones (that I have) that still scuff like any cheap $40 lugs, and they are now $200.

I have used Muteki. They are about $50-$100 a set; I think I got mine for like $55, but you can get other finishes that are more expensive. Just get the silver finish tho, cause the anodized finish doesn't hold up to s***... I wonder if the poly chrome finish holds up (that's the one thats ~$100).

^ i'm pretty sure flyinhawaiian has those wheels on his MSP. might ask him what tires he's running...

Good freakin eye dood!

I'm running 17x7.5 with 215/45/17s on my car with no rubbing issues, and iON springs (larger drop than Espelirs). The 1999/2000 chassis should be able to handle the same, NO problem (former owner w/ Espelir springs).

On the MSP
5394491788_9df29f6ff7_b.jpg

thanks very much for the recommend. But I see someone else has them! What's a guy to do :p

They're beautiful wheels, are much in the same vein as my Rage Vigors, just more spokes. I'll make the Elbrus wheels my summer set to prevent overlap with you ;)

Last edited:
Finally got my new tires on this morning and after 8mm spacers all around and extended studs plus the mz6 front rotor difference.
Kumho Ecsta XS 225/40-18 (very square profile huge footprint) on 18x8 +40 rear and +37 front still slammed rubbing only when I accellerate, slow down, or turn LOL!

Soon to be remedied with some zipties on the front fender liner and maybe a little more camber and some more rolled up newpaper all around one more time. Also got on it a bit in 3rd where I can usually light them up easily and they didn't even break traction :)

Pics later

Very nice Shane, you should make some rolling and dig videos for us to see what your beast is all about, of course s*** load of pictures, Im a fan of your Little deadly wagon...!!!!!!

Sorry for little thread Jacking !!!! lol lol

Last edited:
I have used Muteki. They are about $50-$100 a set; I think I got mine for like $55, but you can get other finishes that are more expensive. Just get the silver finish tho, cause the anodized finish doesn't hold up to s***... I wonder if the poly chrome finish holds up (that's the one thats ~$100).

yeah, i have a set of forged mutekis on the cheaper end. the lugs themselves are fine but the finish is garbage.

Good freakin eye dood!

i got you covered, dawg!

yeah, i have a set of forged mutekis on the cheaper end. the lugs themselves are fine but the finish is garbage.

IDK why everybody always says that about the muteki's...i have a set of the black ones, and finish hasnt chipped or scratched yet (well one of them, cuz i dropped it on my driveway lol) but besides that..i havent had any problems

Funny I originally wanted the kumhos but my tire guy said they were nowhere to be found all backordered. So I ordered star spec z1's and a week later dz101's came in instead. A week after that when he told me the z1's were supposed to be in, he said that they were unavailable and are tirerack only tire?? Anyway ordered the ecstas mon 3pm since the z1's were going on $100+ through tirerack with shipping got them the next morning at work before 10am :)

Hells yea man you're car is a beast, black with red trim would be perfect. Glad to hear the kuhmos are working out for you. I want to eventually put dunlop star specs on my 8" wide enkeis for the track ;).

Funny I originally wanted the kumhos but my tire guy said they were nowhere to be found all backordered. So I ordered star spec z1's and a week later dz101's came in instead. A week after that when he told me the z1's were supposed to be in, he said that they were unavailable and are tirerack only tire?? Anyway ordered the ecstas mon 3pm since the z1's were going on $100+ through tirerack with shipping got them the next morning at work before 10am :)

Haha thats kinda funny. At least you eventually got some sick tires. Perhaps i'll go with the kuhmos, would save some cash and they sound fun. I'm rocking hankook V12s on my enkei PF01's. Great performance tire for the money, sticky and real quiet.

IDK why everybody always says that about the muteki's...i have a set of the black ones, and finish hasnt chipped or scratched yet (well one of them, cuz i dropped it on my driveway lol) but besides that..i havent had any problems

you must have a different kind of finish. mine were chipping after only the second time i installed them and now they just look terrible.

i just take them on and off by hand... i'm pretty careful about it. the finish is just super thin and not very durable. on the other hand i have a cheap set of hasegawas that are over two years old now and have been absolutely bullet proof!

I would get Muteki's if they made closed ended extended lug nuts. The SR48 are only available in open ended.

Been shoehorning (newspaper, phonebooks, prybars and deadblow mallets) all last week trying to get my Ecsta XS in 225/40-18 +37 front +40 rear to not rub... I'm real close but these fit more like 235's since they are so square! Bodywork and paint in the near future :)

Last edited:
No fenders were already rolled needed to be pulled beat and cussed at to get about .5" to keep the sidewall off the inside of the fender...every muscle in my body hurts accomplishing this :)

Back