AFC-SplitSecond PSC1 Map Library

I just finished reading through most of this thread again and I'm confused and enlightened haha.

I pulled my ssafc, cleaned all the connections/wires up and soldered everything since thats one of the pieces of advice I saw multiple times.

This switching over/over pressure thing is still an issue. Sometimes it seems like it happens so smoothly and other times it seems not to happen at all. When it seems to not switch over or get hung up my afrs go all the way lean and I have to let off the gas, this seems opposite from what other people are experiencing? If I go half throttle it is much more likely to stay in acceptable afr range. I know this just came up a couple pages back and much earlier in the thread but unless I missed it there wasn't much conclusive info.

Another thing I think I need to figure out is how to get a smooth data log on a third gear pull. Whats the best way you guys have found to get consistent results? What speed/rpm do you start at?

Oh, and I over-wrote my best map so far FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I'm experiencing the same thing at the moment. Have you tried calling split second yet? They're usually more than willing to help diagnose problems.

I'm experiencing the same thing at the moment. Have you tried calling split second yet? They're usually more than willing to help diagnose problems.

just know that if you get someone that doesn't really know what they are talking about, you might need to try calling again, because it seems that some people there know what they are talking about, and some don't have a clue.. so I have heard it is hit and miss

usually I have issues with the COM port being used by something else. Check in device manager and make sure the serial cable isnt trying to use a already used port.

I just bought a SS AFC V1 and I was just wondering what would be the best map for me to run? as of right now the only mods I have is a forged motor, valve job, 1mm oversized valves, head port and polished and a corksport 80mm exhaust, so what map should I use? And where can I get the data cable for the afc?

I got my data cable from Staples but I paid out the butt for it, $40.. could have gotten a cheaper one, but it doesn't matter, just get one that will work for your comp. I suggest a usb to 9pin (generally the only kind I could find around) and make sure it comes with installation software..

as far as maps, it must be pretty nice to start off forged lol, but no one really has much close to that that I know of, but either way I would just go with the stock supermap... and get a wideband asap, (I know you can't data log but it doesn't really matter, it is a good safety thing to have when you load fuel maps onto your car, at least until you can get to a dino)

To anybody running JaysSummerMap, make sure to fix the over pressure setting. It is at .51 by mistake instead of .5 ....just a heads up.

Thanks for the info speed addiction, I have another question for someone, I don't have a laptop so would I be able to put the map on using my desktop, then install the afc and still have it work?

Thanks for the info speed addiction, I have another question for someone, I don't have a laptop so would I be able to put the map on using my desktop, then install the afc and still have it work?
I believe you would have to have 12v power to the AFC. otherwise pick up a long ass USB and run it to the garage, or out the window into your yard.

^^ ya I don't know how you could set that up, but anyways if you do run a long wire out there, make sure you have a cable booster or something like that, I was told that my cable originally was too long (I had like a 2ft extension 9pin cable connected to the usb/9pin adapter cable) and it wouldn't connect and I talked to a few people on here, and at the stores where I got the cable and they said I would need a power booster or something like that connected to it, since the cable was too long, it wasn't connecting to the ssafc, but I guess if you ask a tech guy what power/size power-booster you would need for a long ass cable you'd be set to just run it to your desktop, and in the mean time, find a really old cheap laptop that someone is throwing out or something and just run the R4 software on it and that's it, you should be able to find some really old junkers for maybe free if you have any friends that have them around the house

^^edit: and the only problem with that is over all it is really a PITA if you need to load the map once it is in the car, or anything like that, it is just a lot of work when you would be better off finding a long cable and asking some tech guys at bestbuy or staples or something like that and asking them for a cable power booster thing that will work for the length of the cable

ill be getting a laptop in the next week or so for school, so ill just wait to do the install for a little, thanks for all the help

I just bought a SS AFC V1 and I was just wondering what would be the best map for me to run? as of right now the only mods I have is a forged motor, valve job, 1mm oversized valves, head port and polished and a corksport 80mm exhaust, so what map should I use? And where can I get the data cable for the afc?

I'm working with a pretty similar setup, still having problems getting it to run right. I reloaded the supermap a couple weeks ago and tweaked it a little with some extra fuel up top, it was finally running really great, but it got a little colder for a couple days and things went south real fast, its warm again and its real lean and not running anything like it was. Getting really frustrated with it. Still trying to get a data log up here, but I never have time or everything in one place.

I'm working with a pretty similar setup, still having problems getting it to run right. I reloaded the supermap a couple weeks ago and tweaked it a little with some extra fuel up top, it was finally running really great, but it got a little colder for a couple days and things went south real fast, its warm again and its real lean and not running anything like it was. Getting really frustrated with it. Still trying to get a data log up here, but I never have time or everything in one place.

take notes with different maps, meaning write the temp. that it is at with different temps. (sorry, it's after my graduation party so I'm a little gone) but just use the different maps for the different temps, not reason not to just have a few diff. maps for diff. temps

is there anyway i can email someone a copy of a saved file from a run i had just did and kind of give some insight?

Back