2022 CX-5 Replacement windshield wipers?

Anyone change their front wipers yet?

I’m looking for some replacement wipers preferably winter ones.

It was a hassle finding ones for my 2017; I think bosch was the only ones that fit.

Personally, I like using the blade refills from Mazda. It's just the rubber wiper, not the entire arm. Quick and easy to replace ... Probably under a minute and don't even have to take the arm off the car.

I just buy the OEM replacement rubbers from the dealer. They are priced reasonably and I like how they perform...lots of other benefits as well (less waste, no ugly wiper adapters on the arm, etc..).
the bosch winters that I had on my 2017 fit directly on the original arm; I just had my winter tires put on and wanted some new wipers but they were out of stock. from previous experience i found the OEM s were awful when it came to ice and snow

Last edited:
Personally, I like using the blade refills from Mazda. It's just the rubber wiper, not the entire arm. Quick and easy to replace ... Probably under a minute and don't even have to take the arm off the car.
they are good for most weather conditions but not for the winters here in canada

Yep, the Mazda refills here also. Easy and reasonably economical ( paid ~ $10 each online under the Denso label, unsure if dealer even carries them)
At my first wiper changeout I made the mistake of discarding the original arm assemblies and replacing them with the Mazda 'Valu-Line'. Big mistake, they sucked. The dealer would have had to order the original Denso's at an outrageous price. Can't believe they didn't stock them. Ended up purchasing the Denso OEM wiper assembly online and refills thereafter.
********** Edited to add: For winter I've used the ANCO winter wipers for years. They have the whole assembly totally encased in rubber so ice can't build up on the joints of the linkage. I mention 'totally' because I've seen winter wipers (Michelin?) that still had exposed linkage close to the wiping edge. The Anco's are on the noisy side and don't seem to be as good as in years past but still better than the fair weather versions of wipers when encountering freezing rain.

Last edited:
anyone change their front wipers yet? im looking for some replacement wipers preferably winter ones. it was a hassle finding ones for my 2017 ; i think bosch was the only ones that fit
Yes the OEM wiper blades on gen-2 CX-5 do suck for winter performance and it’s been well documented here:

2017 CX-5 GT wipers suck

Try to find direct-fit Bosch AeroTwin A 398 S on Amazon or eBay. There’re other options in the US on winter wiper blades for your gen-2 CX-5 if you can spend time to read the thread above.

I guess it's a case of YMMV, but I put the Bosch AeroTwin on our 2014 and hated them. They never wiped cleanly, always leaving streaks from the middle of the blades. Tried cleaning and re-flexing them, but no improvement. Won't get them again.

I guess it's a case of YMMV, but I put the Bosch AeroTwin on our 2014 and hated them. They never wiped cleanly, always leaving streaks from the middle of the blades. Tried cleaning and re-flexing them, but no improvement. Won't get them again.
The wiper blades on your 2014 gen-1 CX-5 has different blade design and they aren’t beam type “frame-less” blade like gen-2’s. Bosch AeroTwin blade is the beam type “frame-less” blade and it could be better suited or “curved” for gen-2 CX-5. At least those who bought Bosch AeroTwin for their gen-2 CX-5 seemed to be satisfied even in wintery condition based on that thread.

Of course I have a gen-1 CX-5 and I use OEM rubber inserts.

Last edited:
The first replacements on this vehicle were Trico since around the beginning of June. Good so far. The pair was $28.99 + tax with free Amazon shipping.

Sounds familiar. I tried one of the Trico beam type blades. Due to their curvature they didn't conform to the windshield with enough down pressure in the middle of the blade section and wiped that section poorly.

Shortly after I bought my '22 CX-5 earlier this year, I was lucky to get Bosch Aero Twins (A398S) on Amazon.ca. It was the last set in stock, and more often than not they stock very few if any of that.

I would have preferred Bosch Focus which I had on my '20 CX-5 but the only place I know of that stocks the Focus and ships to Canada is Tire Rack which charges almost $30 US for shipping. I bought them from Rock Auto two years ago for the '20 with reasonable shipping charges, but they do not appear to stock them anymore.

The Focus blades worked very well during the two harsh winters with the '20. Remains to be seen how well these Aero Twins fare on the '22 (they do work well in rain).

Back