2021 Vs. 2019-2020 CX-9

I am also trying for an AWD version for $39,000. Best I got was $39,495 so far. MSRP is $45,435. Wonder what deals Mazda does for Presidents day hmmm

Got the color/model and now AWD for final price of $39,295, MSRP $45,435. Almost 14% off sticker. Seems like a decent deal for Bay Area California. I may pull trigger but if you recall this is the same dealer with the 200 mileage FWD vehicle.

I've asked salesman to send me a picture of the mileage in dash but he seems to not want to. It's an hour drive which I don't mind but I just want pictures if thats too much to ask for?

I am also trying for an AWD version for $39,000. Best I got was $39,495 so far. MSRP is $45,435. Wonder what deals Mazda does for Presidents day hmmm

Might as well wait to find out (or wait to see what the other dealers counter with) :)

Also I don't think a release date for the new CX-9 platform has been announced yet. The first gen ran from 2007 - 2015 with facelifts in 2010 and 2013 according to Wikipedia. The 2nd gen just got it's first "facelift" in the 2021 models. My hope is that they don't wait too long to release the new platform, so I'm hoping for 2023 as well.

Got the color/model and now AWD for final price of $39,295, MSRP $45,435. Almost 14% off sticker. Seems like a decent deal for Bay Area California. I may pull trigger but if you recall this is the same dealer with the 200 mileage FWD vehicle.

I've asked salesman to send me a picture of the mileage in dash but he seems to not want to. It's an hour drive which I don't mind but I just want pictures if thats too much to ask for?

Strange that he won't send you a simple picture. I suppose you could tell him that you plan to inspect the vehicle in person anyway, but I find it very strange that he won't send you a picture.

Just got the photos. 6 miles on the clock.

I was browsing the price paid thread, it really seems people scored these AWD GT trim for $37-$38k but looks like back in 2018/2019. Maybe due to times prices are higher or being in Bay area California I can't get one at the price.

Any thoughts guys? I mean I am getting 14% off MSRP but this is our first very Mazda purchase so not sure if it's a good deal. I checked truecar and edmunds etc and it seems they all say a good price is $2,000-$3,000 off MSRP for our area code so on that front it seems I got a great deal. Hmmm.
Screenshot_20210201-134324_Samsung Internet.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210201-134541_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210201-134541_Samsung Internet.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
That truecar deal for example says "great deal" is $42k. Is truecar a good website to view what others are paying locally?

BUY that vehicle, It's AWD which most people in Cali do not want so you are getting a better discount on it. 6 miles on the clock is straight off the truck and gassed up. Just make sure they are not scamming you on any other fees or adding dealer add on accessory crap. Get a quote worksheet with everything broken down line by line with VIN number on it. Also make sure they are not including any rebates you are not eligible for in that price and that it's a straight dealer discount. Stop thinking and go. Good luck!

BUY that vehicle, It's AWD which most people in Cali do not want so you are getting a better discount on it. 6 miles on the clock is straight off the truck and gassed up. Just make sure they are not scamming you on any other fees or adding dealer add on accessory crap. Get a quote worksheet with everything broken down line by line with VIN number on it. Also make sure they are not including any rebates you are not eligible for in that price and that it's a straight dealer discount. Stop thinking and go. Good luck!

Thank you! I am naturally an over thinker by trade lol

I will ask for that quote asap. Tomorrow will be going down after work 5pm. Wish me luck 🤞

You
Well you were right. I asked of this was cash deal he said the pricing was for mazda financing. I asked what is price for cash deal, waiting on answer.

I think I saw 0.9 special financing but if I do cash wonder if I get additional discounts

You

Well you were right. I asked of this was cash deal he said the pricing was for mazda financing. I asked what is price for cash deal, waiting on answer.

I think I saw 0.9 special financing but if I do cash wonder if I get additional discounts
A cash deal should get you a better discount. Some dealers tell you cash or financing for same price. If they are not giving you a better price for cash, then you can use mazda financing to get the deal and then just pay it off without penalty immediately. Also NEVER let a dealer do spot delivery with you taking home the car before the financing is completed AT the dealership.

A cash deal should get you a better discount. Some dealers tell you cash or financing for same price. If they are not giving you a better price for cash, then you can use mazda financing to get the deal and then just pay it off without penalty immediately.

Ok just heard back. Price went up by $500 if cash to $39,795. I have another dealer willing to match the original offer of $39,295 but vehicle will have to be acquired by dealer trade and they said they don't know which dealer until vehicle is secured.

Good thing about this dealer tho is they offer a complimentary 10 year /100k power train warranty with all their new cars.

Nevermind that fell thru, general manager of dealer #2 said they would match it for an in house vehicle only.

So I may do what you said and finance it but then pay it off immediately.

Ok just heard back. Price went up by $500 if cash to $39,795. I have another dealer willing to match the original offer of $39,295 but vehicle will have to be acquired by dealer trade and they said they don't know which dealer until vehicle is secured.

Good thing about this dealer tho is they offer a complimentary 10 year /100k power train warranty with all their new cars.
Ahhh. If you really want to stick with that dealer, you could do 1 of 2 things. You can bluff and tell them you have another dealer who is beating their price by $100 for a cash deal( leaving out all details) OR you can ask them what the price is for standard financing and take that option IF it is lower than the deal price for mazda financing, at 0.9 and then also just pay it off right away.

The warranty that dealers like to give free is their own convoluted, hoop jumping one that is not worth the paper it's on because they make you do this and do that and never honor it when it comes down to a repair. All it is is marketing and smoke and mirrors to get you to buy from them as piece of mind. Don't count on it and think they care. They don't, it's just a come on.

Ahhh. If you really want to stick with that dealer, you could do 1 of 2 things. You can bluff and tell them you have another dealer who is beating their price by $100 for a cash deal( leaving out all details) OR you can ask them what the price is for standard financing and take that option IF it is lower than the deal price for mazda financing, at 0.9 and then also just pay it off right away.

The warranty that dealers like to give free is their own convoluted, hoop jumping one that is not worth the paper it's on because they make you do this and do that and never honor it when it comes down to a repair. All it is is marketing and smoke and mirrors to get you to buy from them as piece of mind. Don't count on it and think they care. They don't, it's just a come on.
I was thinking that same thing, a BS warranty to draw customers in.

I just asked price for standard financing will report back. Thanks for the help. I am determined to get us our CX9, luckily in no hurry so will stick it out!

Salesman replied same price for standard financing and I can pay if off after 3 months. Hmmmm why not immediately.

Salesman replied same price for standard financing and I can pay if off after 3 months. Hmmmm why not immediately.
Lol that's BS! They get more kickback money using their own in house banks vs mazda direct financing. They told you 3 months ( also BS) because if a customer pays it off right away, they can have their commission clawed back. You, in actuality can pay it at ANYTIME with no penalty (check paperwork before signing and make sure they didn't "accidentally" omit that). It's games they play on unsuspecting customers who are not familiar with the "rules of engagement". Most dealers are just slimy

Ok, you have to play the hardball game then. Just the fact that they gave you the line about not paying off standard financing until 3 months is enough to make me(you) a little perturbed. So, I'd tell them you will have to think about it because other dealers are giving better prices for both cash and standard financing( even if not true, you have to fib to make them squirm to get what you want) and see what he says. Tell them you are working with 3 other dealers and will be purchasing by end of day tomorrow to whomever wants your business most and gives you your price. Make that price $39k by mazda financing ( now toyota financial) or cash. Their choice. I bet they cave. Your goal is $39,295 cash price in the end. You can do the financing but it's a whole other hassle that can be avoided.

Last edited:
Just in case you weren't aware, the 0.9 percent apr mazda offer ends today 2/1 as well as any cashback incentives available so dealer pricing could change depending on new mazda incentives which will be coming out. I'd check your zip code for new offers tomorrow.

Just in case you weren't aware, the 0.9 percent apr mazda offer ends today 2/1 as well as any cashback incentives available so dealer pricing could change depending on new mazda incentives which will be coming out. I'd check your zip code for new offers tomorrow.
Thanks I will be sure to check, hopefully can get a better deal.

Checked this morning, looks like the extra $500 off for Mazda financing for the CX9 is gone and it is now 0% for 60 months.

Does anyone know historically what month Mazda usually does the biggest cash incentive discount (non-financing)? Thanks!

Back