2019 CX-5 Rear brake pad uneven wear

My car (2019) has about 60k km. I started to hear noise when brake and i had to replace the rear pads and rotors. The outer pad of the driver side rear brake has almost none left but the inner pad has plenty still. The right side is slightly better but also has uneven wear issue. The sliding pin feels ok. Previously when doing brake job, I found the rear pads were stuck in the bracket and were hard to taken out and out back. Same for the new pads I got from dealership. I am wondering if the brackets have some manufacture defects because the OEM brake pads don’t fit. Without the polishing, they would stuck in the brackets.

Here’s one pair of the rear pads:

Attachments

• IMG_1987.jpeg
    IMG_1987.jpeg
    147 KB · Views: 64
Pretty common if your brakes had never been cleaned/serviced. Cleaning and relubing the slide pins every year or two will help them wear evenly

Pretty common if your brakes had never been cleaned/serviced. Cleaning and relubing the slide pins every year or two will help them wear evenly
Is it normal for the rear pads to be stuck in the brackets? I had to use a screw driver with a bit force to take them out. Almost impossible to put them back until I polished them. Front ones are fine.

I have seen corrosion in the slots for the pad tabs of the metal caliper brackets (under the thin metal clips). That can make it a tight fit.

Did you take those thin metal clips out and clear / clean out any corrosion in those slots? Wire brush, sand paper, Dremel tool, etc.

I have seen corrosion in the slots for the pad tabs of the metal caliper brackets (under the thin metal clips). That can make it a tight fit.

Did you take those thin metal clips out and clear / clean out any corrosion in those slots? Wire brush, sand paper, Dremel tool, etc.
That’s a good point. I did clean both with a wire brush though.

That corrosion under the stainless pad guides(clips) is referred to as "rust jacking" where the rust acts like a little jack pushing the clip tightly against the ears of the brake pad. A scraper and wire brush works well followed by a thin coating of antiseize to prevent future rust there. Also there have been times where I had to file the pad ears slightly for them to install easier.

That corrosion under the stainless pad guides(clips) is referred to as "rust jacking ...
Thanks Jmaz, yep that's what I was thinking of. I didn't know the term for it 👍.

YouTube video from Raybestos about rust jacking probably match many people's scenarios...
https://youtu.be/PHD5dWKeRXg?si=8mCN2z-9dDUQNkgs

Those brake pad tabs/ears need to be able to freely slide in the grooves.

Thanks HyFlyer and Jmaz. This looks like the exact same issue. I suspect the rust on the brackets is the culprit for my case.

Rear brakes on CX5 are controversial to say the least.
Was it the first time you're replacing pads on this car?
What about the rotors?
You can find lots stories on on this forum, e.g.

They replaced all pads on mine at 15k, will check the wear when it gets closer to 20k.

Rear brakes on CX5 are controversial to say the least.
Was it the first time you're replacing pads on this car?
What about the rotors?
You can find lots stories on on this forum, e.g.

They replaced all pads on mine at 15k, will check the wear when it gets closer to 20k.
This is the first time for mine. The rest still looks good. I drive a lot on highway though. The seized brake pads seems the issue here. When you change/rotate tires you could check that.

Back