2017~2024 2017 CX5 parchment vs black seats.

STLpilot

:
2017 CX5 GT FWD
I am wondering if any of you out there with the parchment leather seats have any problems with discoloring. I will be buying a 2017 CX5 later this year and I'm doing my homework on black versus parchment seats. The parchment leather looks awesome but I have never owned a car with these seats and would welcome anyone who could chime in and give me some advice. Thanks in advance.

We have parchment leather seats on our 2016 and the headrest has some discoloration from the hair dye that my wife uses.

If you take care of leather properly, it will resist discoloration and staining for a long time regardless of color - that being said, parchment is certainly more prone to discoloration than black. One thing people may not think of is when leather stretches and begins to get small creases in it, parchment it exceedingly difficult to keep those areas clean enough to not be noticeable.

To each his own - Parchment looks amazing and if you like it, go get it! :)

If you wear blue jeans a lot parchment is going to stain blue on the lower seat bolster where you slide in/out of driver's seat.

All my 3 Mazdas are with Parchment interior.
I take care of them. No issue on mine.

All my 3 Mazdas are with Parchment interior.
I take care of them. No issue on mine.

This they key - you take care of them. I am sure lots of owners don't hence their appearance/quality suffers

CarPro, Gtechniq and Gyeon all have come out with leather coatings that get rave reviews on the detailing sites. They are suppose to really help cut done on the dye transfer and staining on light colored seats and they make cleaning them much easier. I haven't used them myself since I have black leather seats but I hear good things

I wear jeans often and absolutely no blue has transferred. I wipe them once every couple of weeks with one of those Meguires leather wipes and the seats look like new

I wear jeans often and absolutely no blue has transferred. I wipe them once every couple of weeks with one of those Meguires leather wipes and the seats look like new
Guess it depends on what type of jeans one is wearing. Some might transfer, others might not

Yep, we've had our '17 with it for 5 months/12,000 miles so far and they still look perfect. I'm pretty meticulous about doing a wipedown once a week though, as there have been some minor marks show up from jeans, etc.

2016 that just turned 20,000 miles here. Zero problems with the parchment seats. Zero discoloration and I wear blue jeans 7 days a week. Seats still look like new and they are great for our hot Carolina summers. Also I've never used any chemical on them.

As crazy as this sounds, for any stain that I could not get off a leather seat, I resort to using a magic eraser (that white foam thing from Mr. Clean). Crazy how well it works on leather.

Back