2016 Infotainment problems

Does anyone know what the difference is between 55.00.650 and 55.00.750B? The "B" would indicate to me that it's maybe a beta version? .650 is what the dealer installed in my car a few weeks ago.

That's what I thought too. Dealer specifically told me 55.00.650 was the latest available version and installed it. Haven't had any system crashes after that. With v51, I had 3 or 4 system reboots while driving.

Update on Track Listing problem: FIXED....

Fixed my issue of audio tracks on a usb drive not listing in their proper order once I updated to 650 and 750 versions of the firmware....

Not sure as to why BUT when I orginally copied my music from my Mac to a usb drive I copied it from my Google Play Online Drive which resulted in the tracks not listing in proper order. So I tried another approach. I erased the USB drive and copied my music over from iTunes by directly selecting the tracks I wanted and dragging them to the USB disk. Voila! They now list in the proper order in the Mazda.

I am using a 64gb Sandisk Ultra Fit which is very low profile so it is almost invisible in the USB slot in the car. I have about 30gb of music on it now.

It takes the system about 3 to 4 minutes to recognize all the music before I can browse it. Yes very slow but worth the wait when on longer drives as I now have access to thousands of very high quality songs. So whatever mood I may be in or anyone else who may be riding with me there is always something to listen to.

Picked my new CX-5 only two weeks ago, and after reading about the firmware update, I noticed I had the 51 version. Brought it to the dealer today for the update, and when I got home, I noticed they installed version 55.650. Should they have installed 55.750 instead?

First post here. Just got new '16 cx-5 and saw weird issue with navigation being off and the music button not working sometimes. But after toggling back and forth with other buttons, it started to work just fine. I thought it was bit weird, tried to Google the answer and then landed to this very helpful page. For Traffic Update, it shows up for me although I trust the google maps so really don't use that section.
dumb question - How do I go and check the firmware version? If the updated firmware fixes these little annoying bugs then I would definitely do it.

How do I go and check the firmware version? If the updated firmware fixes these little annoying bugs then I would definitely do it.

On the settings page of the infotainment screen, under the system tab.

I've had the screen blank out a few times and called the dealer yesterday to fix it today. Last night I saw all these threads and almost did it myself but figured I'd just let the dealer do it. They upgraded me to 55.00.750 . There is no 'b' at the end like the downaloadable file has; not sure if that means anything. Too early to tell what it fixed!

anyone know if 2016 models will get Android Auto by any chance? Its on the list, just not sure how soon and if we will get the integration. I would love it. In built nav system is useless for me w/out live traffic update unfortunately.

Anyone has issue with system doesn't resume the same song when car is off and on? Mine keeps starting at song #1. I am starting to hate that song.

I have version 55.00.650 and mine resumes right where I left it.

They should have learned!

Anyone has issue with system doesn't resume the same song when car is off and on? Mine keeps starting at song #1. I am starting to hate that song.

One would think after all the (same type) of trouble with the 2015 system, that Mazda would have learned on the 2016 models!

This is your first post... What model year is your car? If it is pre-2016, there is an update available that involves replacing the bluetooth module.

So the system froze up on me again today (I have the v.55 firmware). The only thing I could do was rotate to each icon on the home page. None of them were selectable, and none of the "quick" buttons would work. I power cycled the car, and everything was back to normal! [sigh]

The compass in the navigation screen quit working on mine the other day, just stuck at pointing north. Was on v51 when it stopped working. Thought I might take it to the dealership and see if I could get it upgraded and that might fix the issue. They put on firmware v.55.650 and the compass still doesn't work. Dealership suggested I try disconnecting the battery for a bit to see if that resets it. Haven't tried that yet.

Last edited:
FYI - Looks like Mazda just released a new firmware update for the infotainment systems. 55.00.753. This looks like it solves some of the issues that cropped up in 55.00.750B.

FYI that at least in my 2016 CX-5, the North American 55.00.753A update fixes the partial screen loading/inability to scroll issues for the HD Traffic Map app. Haven't seen any other changes/fixes/new problems as I just installed it.

RL, can you see HD traffic and navigation map at the same time? Does traffic in route update time of arrival and offer alternates as my 2013 Tom Tom unit does?

Back