2016 Infotainment problems

Unfortunately, I haven't been out on the road yet after the update to test that aspect---only was referring to the separate traffic app in that section of the overall system. And I can't get a GPS signal from my garage--just tried to check it out without actually having to leave my complex. (drive)

Hi, is this thread still active? I have had my 2016 CX-5 since June. I had the system upgrade done in October after my navigation system suddenly didn't exist anymore (this vehicle is not equipped with a navigation system - uhhh...well it was 2 hours ago!) and my radio and Bluetooth went out completely. In the last week or so, my Bluetooth has been dropping my calls regularly and repeatedly (says that the Bluetooth signal has been lost) and as of this morning, apparently my navigation system has been removed again. Though it was there and working fine an hour before. I have a call into my dealer.

Last edited:
Had my CX-5 for about 4 weeks now and have been pretty happy with the info system. Only thing can't figure out how to change nav system color scheme

Hi, is this thread still active? I have had my 2016 CX-5 since June. I had the system upgrade done in October after my navigation system suddenly didn't exist anymore (this vehicle is not equipped with a navigation system - uhhh...well it was 2 hours ago!) and my radio and Bluetooth went out completely. In the last week or so, my Bluetooth has been dropping my calls regularly and repeatedly (says that the Bluetooth signal has been lost) and as of this morning, apparently my navigation system has been removed again. Though it was there and working fine an hour before. I have a call into my dealer.

What do you mean it has been removed again? So when you click navigation, what does it take you to? Is it the compass(I believe that's what pops up if you don't have navigation).

Had my CX-5 for about 4 weeks now and have been pretty happy with the info system. Only thing can't figure out how to change nav system color scheme

Can't do that. Although I wish you could. I believe there are hacks out there over on mazda 3 revolution but I haven't dived into that. Not too familiar with Linux and wouldn't want to mess something up that I can't work through to fix myself.

New issue now. A couple of times in the past few days as I'm driving the screen turns black and system reboots. Anyone else having this happen ?

New issue now. A couple of times in the past few days as I'm driving the screen turns black and system reboots. Anyone else having this happen ?

What version software does your system have? Both of those items sound like problems with earlier versions of the software. We had the black screen issue once and reboots several times, but none since I had the dealer update to the latest software.

I have a 16.5 sport with 2.5l. It has the knob thing in it, and it doesn't remember when I leave my ipod connected and turn vehicle off. Also, it doesn't pick up my playlists(originally was at 3.5GB), and it only picks up library only(over 300 songs), and it keeps starting in alphabetical order with Adele(drive 5-10 minutes and 2 mile ride to work, and once I get to something I want to listen too I'm at work). I took the library out and all playlists and create one playlist. It still doesn't remember and it puts things in alphabetical order, so it's not in the order of the playlist. I have heard cracking noises on some files, and I went back and converted to the least amount of bps. I believe mine were at 256, and it is now at 128, so I haven't heard the noises since. If my son is on the phone watching a video, the sound isn't playing through the radio, and it actually mutes the phone. I bought the vehicle 2 weeks ago, and I'm figuring it might be me, but reading this thread has me thinking twice about it. I don't drive much, and vehicle currently has 300 miles on it(wife has driven it more than I have). Is anyone else experiencing these issues in a 16.5?

Boy this is one flaky system. No more reboots but still keeps dropping connection but only when using Pandora. Aha and stitcher work perfectly fine. Go figure

I have a 2016 Sport AWD without Nav, and FWIW I've never had any problems with the infotainment system. I use the FM radio, USB drive with MP3s, and bluetooth phone connectivity.

It seems like all the issues are related to the NAV system or integration.

Aftermarket radios fix all of these problems....muhahahahahah. Sorry to hear about the factory radio BS. Luckily for me its fixable

Aftermarket radios fix all of these problems....muhahahahahah. Sorry to hear about the factory radio BS. Luckily for me its fixable

That they do. I jhust wish Mazda didnt have that dial system in the center console. If you replace the radio, these become useless. I would have much preferred to have that as storage. Also, I dont think aftermaret works with factory microphone.

5. And this is huge ... Infotainment system will not dim when the lights come on as of tonight . Dim control in settings does not work at all. And when I turn the lights on if I tell it to turn off the display and back on it comes on dim ... But then. Will not brighten back up.

Did you turn the dial-knob for resetting mileage on tripA/tripB? This dial is dual function- will reset mileage if pressed, and will switch from full-on dash lights to auto-dimming if dialed to left.

K.r.
KJ

Has anyone else lost the ability to pause their XM radio? What happened to this functionality?

I haven't had any problems with the infotainment system until recently. My FM radio station no longer shows what song is playing or anything else from the station. It's not a big deal, but I got used to it and now miss it. Does anyone know why this might of happened or how to fix it?

I haven't had any problems with the infotainment system until recently. My FM radio station no longer shows what song is playing or anything else from the station. It's not a big deal, but I got used to it and now miss it. Does anyone know why this might of happened or how to fix it?

Just one FM station or all. Had that happen once and it was transmitter issues at the station

Is anyone still experiencing random self reboots and/or freeze-ups (where system doesn't reboot, but requires a forced reset via the NAV/BACK/MUTE buttons) with OS version 55.00.753 NA N? By the way is this the latest version? I'm getting both problems. (USB stick with music files is permanently left in the USB port, not sure if this is the culprit.)

Back