2014 Mazda6 Project

the Racing Beat exhaust is already out?! i know theres a video of it on the CX-5 and it sounds goooood. beautiful 6 Monkee youve been my inspiration for my 6 since day 1 keep it up!

Thank you, that is great to hear. Please let me know if I could be of any help.

RB exhaust is out. It's the same can as the one for the CX-5...the video on YouTube sound exactly the same. I've now put over 300 miles on it and it's hard to tell from the cabin that you have an exhaust. It is just different enough from stock but not crazy "Honda" loud. It's a low rumble and you can really hear it when you punch it or an the gas. If you let off the gas and cruse...you can't even hear it. If I had to do it again, I would.

I'm also working on a little thing for all the 6 owners. Back in April, I did the chrome vinyl on the fog light trim. Everyone is doing it now and some dude is out there claiming that he did it first and it was his idea and I bit him...blah, blah, blah. I'm currently working on a hard chrome plastic insert that will replace the vinyl. I'm testing the prototype now before production. I'll keep you all posted, oh and it will be paintable. Is there any interest in this product? I'll make a small run.

Last edited:
Thank you, that is great to hear. Please let me know if I could be of any help.

RB exhaust is out. It's the same can as the one for the CX-5...the video on YouTube sound exactly the same. I've now put over 300 miles on it and it's hard to tell from the cabin that you have an exhaust. It is just different enough from stock but not crazy "Honda" loud. It's a low rumble and you can really hear it when you punch it or an the gas. If you let off the gas and cruse...you can't even hear it. If I had to do it again, I would.

I'm also working on a little thing for all the 6 owners. Back in April, I did the chrome vinyl on the fog light trim. Everyone is doing it now and some dude is out there claiming that he did it first and it was his idea and I but him...blah, blah, blah. I'm currently working on a hard crime plastic insert that will replace the vinyl. I'm testing the prototype now before production. I'll keep you all posted, oh and it will be paintable. Is there any interest in this product? I'll make a small run.

how much r u goin to sell it?

Hey man do you still have those wheels and tires?

I still have the 19" wheels and tires that came with the iGrand Touring. These will fit a Mazda 3 or other cars with the same lug pattern, but not the tires. I am selling them for $1200-OBO with ship rates of $200 West Coast, $220 Mid-West, and $250. If you are in Los Angeles, local pick up is welcome. The tires will be mounted, balances and will include OEM chrome lugs. Please PM me if you are interested.

Latest mod today. Racing Beat axle back exhaust. Sound amazing!

image-85.jpg

image-86.jpg

That is the stock exhaust, I had a 4" double wall slash cut tips welded on...time for storage.

IMPORTANT: stock exhaust's bottom has channels for a smooth underbody aerodynamics. This replacement exhaust will spoil air flow:

43rd second:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MmoibObSuU

Hi Monkee, just wanted to let you know you have done an amazing job with your mods. Can you tell me where you purchased the Chrome vinyl fog light trim ? Thanks.

Can someone please help me with a step by step on how to install the HID fog light kit? I'm not very good with electronic installs. I have the 35w H11 HID kit for 5k color. Thanks in advance!

Anyone had luck replacing the orange/yellow front turn signal lights with something more cooler and whiter? Are there any LEDs that look better than the stock ones?

Anyone had luck replacing the orange/yellow front turn signal lights with something more cooler and whiter? Are there any LEDs that look better than the stock ones?

I've been eying some led's that are white when not on and yellow when on. These are them: https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Of course they might need a resistor. They may not fit either; idk.

Last edited:
I just installed the Kensun 5000k 35w H11 HID kit in my 2014 touring. Install was extremely easy, took all of about 30 minutes. Any hid kit you buy should have the harness built in for connecting the ballast to the cars power, and from the ballast to the bulb. The bulb just screws in place of the old one.
Unbutton your wheel wells and its easy access. They look really good, very bright with good cutoff.
the kensun have a 2 year warranty and really good reviews on amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

also replaced all of my interior lights and license plate light.

Here is a link to a kit for all of the interior LEDS (can be bought separately for way cheaper)

these are the ones i used for the license plate light:

I just bought and installed these and none of the bulbs are lighting up. Is there something I'm missing here?

Disregard, I'm an idiot. Didn't realize they had + and - ends.

Last edited:
I wanted to find out before I buy a 2014 Mazda6, should I pay the extra $700.00 from the dealership to get fog lights installed or should I buy a kit. Mind you, I really don't have the time to install this myself, so if this is going to be some long process, I will be pay for it to be installed. Unless of course someone can provide a video link with someone who can show how they installed theirs.

http://mazmart-001-site1.smarterasp.net/en/mazda-6-fog-lamp-kit-2014

So again, any help from anyone would be great. I just think spending the $350 to have it installed seems a bit high, but I don't know the amount of time it will take to install this, so if $350.00 is worth it to have it installed then I'll do it… Thanks for any input you can provide… :)

I wanted to find out before I buy a 2014 Mazda6, should I pay the extra $700.00 from the dealership to get fog lights installed or should I buy a kit. Mind you, I really don't have the time to install this myself, so if this is going to be some long process, I will be pay for it to be installed. Unless of course someone can provide a video link with someone who can show how they installed theirs.

http://mazmart-001-site1.smarterasp.net/en/mazda-6-fog-lamp-kit-2014

So again, any help from anyone would be great. I just think spending the $350 to have it installed seems a bit high, but I don't know the amount of time it will take to install this, so if $350.00 is worth it to have it installed then I'll do it… Thanks for any input you can provide… :)

Just found out from the dealer that they would do it for $600.00. So that sounds more reasonable, so I think I'm going to stick with that… I just wish I could get those turning headlights, but to spend $4,000 to $5,000 more for the Grand Touring model over the Touring model just doesn't seem worth it to me… :)

Lastly, is there a better way to save on fuel. I spoke to another mechanic who told me that he installed a better air intake systems for one of his customers (and he only installs on Ford Mustangs) to get better gas milage. And he was abel to reach up to 40 MPG on the highway (on a Mustang). If that's true, then what about doing that to the Mazda6? Is what you installed given you better gas milage? Let me know what you can. Thanks… :)

Last edited:
May i ask what are the specs for your car. Also the cost and the additional features you've added. I noticed that you also have a rear spoiler which is a add on that costs around 500. Sweet ride, im loving it.

Back