100K MP5 Club

nice, its awesome to see people pushing the 300k barrier
Ill try to break it, but my car seems to like jack stands better then being driven lol

Number of t-belts

To be honest, I don't know how many t-belts the car has had. I bought the car last April from the Mazda dealer where my brother works. He said that they took the car in on a trade by the original owner. He also said that it had just had a good bit of work done on it(cv axles, valve cover gasket, spark plugs and drive belts) but I don't know if the t-belt was replaced at that time. I've been meaning to pull the valve cover and check but I've been kinda lazy about it. Before anyone says anything I know what kind of damage can occur if the belt breaks. Since I've owned it, i've changed the oil 5 or 6 times( I have a 160 mile round trip commute to work and back), replaced the spark plugs and last weekend I replaced the l/f hub bearing.

Just bought my first mazda. Its a protege5 with 112k miles. Here's hoping it gets me to 200k :)

mazda1.jpg

Last edited:
seafoamed the P5 today and while i was riding around pissing off Al Gore, i actually hit 150k miles!

But hey, I've still got a lot of miles on her! Haha! And I don't baby my engine. Well, I take care of it, but I certainly don't push the motor.

Im new to the 247 forum so please welcome me with open arms...lol...but i just picked up an 02 protege 5 w/ 140k. and she feels like ill get many more miles outta her...hopefully

And there's no reason you shouldn't. Just don't ever mistake the car for what it isn't. What I mean is that they'll never be fast... at least not without a whole ton of money put into it. Great handling, affordable cars that will get you from A to B with a big smile on your face.

My 03 is at 107 right now. Hopefully she hangs in there with all the fricken distance commuting I'm doing for school. :/

Rock n roll ! I'm at about 123xxx had to replace my belt in the middle of my Texas -to- Cali road trip other than that factory clutch trans and 2.0

Back