What have you done to your MSP today?

my bet, the sale was to get rid of fuel that had sat for too long and degraded. in essence, yes, it was lower octane than advertised. I've never heard of a "sale" on gas before.

Well the funny thing is that they have been doing this every Thursday for over a year. I just decided to start taking advantage of it 4-5 weeks ago.

Well the funny thing is that they have been doing this every Thursday for over a year. I just decided to start taking advantage of it 4-5 weeks ago.
that shoots my theory to s***... unless they're taking shipments of older, degrading 93 octane on an ongoing basis.

if you can get ahold of your local weights and measures... I'd suggest to them they go take a look at it. Weights and measures is a revenue stream for government so most likely they'll follow any tip with ANY kind of credibility.

Post #22294 of this thread:

Okay, many of you read this and replied with suggestions and stuff, so I thought I'd update. Wrap your noggins around this:

I ordered new couplings and t-bolt clamps to replace all the old ones on the intake hardpipes I have. They haven't gotten here yet, though.

I have always been a diehard Shell gas station user. I always insisted on Shell gasoline, and never had any reason not to. I had a bad experience with Sunoco gas, so I never used them again.

A few weeks ago, I started using Exxon, because the station near my office had a sale. They'd knock 6 cents per gallon off for supreme (93 octane) gas every Thursday. So I started timing my gas fill-ups to coincide with Thursdays. If I ever found myself short on a different day, I'd just put in $5 or something at some station to get me through to Thursday, when I'd fill up.

I never put two and two together to think my "system too lean" CEL code had anything to do with the timing of my switch to the Exxon station near my office.

So last night I was on my way home from the gym and my low gas warning light went on. I stopped in the Shell station by my house and filled it up. I kid you not, within 2 minutes of driving away from the station, the CEL light went away on its own and the car ran like new. No more stumbling under boost like a donkey having spasms, no more delayed throttle response...nothing but smooth running.

So that leads me to the conclusion that either the Exxon station I was using was mislabeling their 93 octane when they were really selling a lower grade, or they were mixing water (or some other filler) into their gas. (gah)

Now I'm not saying that the Exxon company does this across the board. But I do think that this particular station may have been up to some funny business.

So now I've got a new set of couplings and t-bolt clamps coming my way. I'm not upset about that, since I should have replaced the old ones a while ago. I do get a little razzed when I think about what could have happened. I could have potentially damaged my engine internals, in which case I'd be out a truckload more money.

Before anybody thinks that I just got a bad tankful of gas just once, I made the switch to the Exxon station about 4-5 weeks ago, and the CEL light came on about a day or two later. The CEL stayed on up until last night. It would turned off twice over those the course of those 4-5 weeks, but only because I made some other changes or when I reset my ECU by disconnecting my battery. The CEL would be back in a matter of hours.

So I guess my advice you guys is to pay attention to where & when you fill up and figure out if that may have anything to do with any codes your MSP throws in the future.

Interesting. No wonder why Shell is always my #1 pick. She's my bottom b****. Unfortunately, Mobil (UDF around here) is usually my 2nd choice... So that would be the same as Exxon, right? Whatever, Shell teamed up with Kroger for some discounts with the Kroger Plus card a couple months ago, so 10 cents off per gallon! (2thumbs)

my car gives me random CEL's whenever i buy 7-11 gas. i woulda never thot it would have been the gas either but i took someones advice and switched gas stations and it never came back

More carbon Installed! (cool)

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 117
Who needs a motor when i can make everything carbon fiber and just pick it up to move it? gosh your such a noob!

dumb ass neon driver ran a red light and i had to jerk the car on the median on a over pass... i hit a nice incline and now i here my rear right strut hitting against the seatbelt harness.... any1 have suggestion, can i replace the strut mount myself if thats what it is?

dumb ass neon driver ran a red light and i had to jerk the car on the median on a over pass... i hit a nice incline and now i here my rear right strut hitting against the seatbelt harness.... any1 have suggestion, can i replace the strut mount myself if thats what it is?

Rear struts are a bit more of a pain than the fronts but it's doable. You're pretty mechanically inclined aren't you?

Rear struts are a bit more of a pain than the fronts but it's doable. You're pretty mechanically inclined aren't you?

we'll lol me and friend did install the coil-overs sleeves on the tokico blues. so ya i guess i can take it apart again. when i took the speaker cover off to see the strut, the right side is 2 inches higher and is butting up again the seatbelt harness while the left side has like a 1.5in clearance.

we'll lol me and friend did install the coil-overs sleeves on the tokico blues. so ya i guess i can take it apart again. when i took the speaker cover off to see the strut, the right side is 2 inches higher and is butting up again the seatbelt harness while the left side has like a 1.5in clearance.

Thats not good at all. Get that fixed asap.

Back