What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Freedom55

2020 AWD GS Montreal Canada
Not a big mod...I removed the Nissan logo from the polished stainless steel license plate frame I had on my Murano and put it on my new CX-5. I think it complements the chrome accents on my new ride! Next is a vertical cargo net that I will try to install behind the rear seat like some others I've done. I have a collection of nets from my previous vehicles, perhaps one will fit.

Not a big mod...I removed the Nissan logo from the polished stainless steel license plate frame I had on my Murano and put it on my new CX-5. I think it complements the chrome accents on my new ride! Next is a vertical cargo net that I will try to install behind the rear seat like some others I've done. I have a collection of nets from my previous vehicles, perhaps one will fit.

And why the logo from Nissan on Mazda? Or is it more interesting? I just don't understand these things, so I'm interested.

sm1ke

Work In Progress..
Contributor
:
Canada
:
'18 CX-9 Signature
And why the logo from Nissan on Mazda? Or is it more interesting? I just don't understand these things, so I'm interested.

I believe he had a stainless steel license plate frame with a Nissan logo on it. He then removed the Nissan logo, so now it's a "blank" plate frame, then installed the plate frame on the Mazda.

The plate frame was likely something like this originally (before the Nissan logo was removed).

Capture.JPG

Freedom55

That's exactly what I've done. Blank frame on my CX-5. It costs about $50 new, why leave it on the trade-in? It's polished stainless steel, looks just like chrome but doesn't rust!

Freedom55

Yesterday I installed the vertical cargo net I had in my 2012 RAV4 against the seat back like some other members have done here; I hooked the top hooks on the seat back latches and the bottom on the existing latches used normally for the horizontal cargo net. Perhaps in the Spring I will move it closer to the back but for now, it's Winter here so I don't want to take off the side panels, drill holes, etc. Thanks for the tip I found searching this forum!

Freedom55

Just made my own "poor man's" cargo floor protector with a piece of carpet with a vinyl base normally used as a runner carpet. I had it on my two previous vehicles (2014 Murano, 2017 Murano), so I just trimmed about an inch or so on both sides for a perfect fit!

:
2018 CX-5 Sport
Purchased a Quickjack, had my car slide off the blocks then returned the Quickjack. I made a video making easy glide wheels for it and my car slipping on the blocks. My car had no damage tg. I think using a floor jack on the center lift points and putting jack stands on the pinch welds is the safest way to get all 4 wheels off the ground for the CX-5.

yrwei52

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech Pkg
Contributor
:
Plano, Texas, USA
Purchased a Quickjack, had my car slide off the blocks then returned the Quickjack. I made a video making easy glide wheels for it and my car slipping on the blocks. My car had no damage tg. I think using a floor jack on the center lift points and putting jack stands on the pinch welds is the safest way to get all 4 wheels off the ground for the CX-5.

What an experience! At least there’s nothing got damaged, including yourself.

:
2017 cx5
I traded it in🙁. Loved the car but not the chipping crystal Red Soul paint. The car was only 3 years and looked terrible. Fought with Mazda to get repainted and they would only pay half. ByeBye Mazda!
Terrible customer service!

:
2019 CX-5 Signature
I traded it in🙁. Loved the car but not the chipping crystal Red Soul paint. The car was only 3 years and looked terrible. Fought with Mazda to get repainted and they would only pay half. ByeBye Mazda!
Terrible customer service!
Can you share a pic? I would be interested in seeing how bad it got that you wanted to get rid of it.
There are some commutes that are worse than others on vehicle's paint. What did you replace it with? I hope you went with a clear bra.

sm1ke

Work In Progress..
Contributor
:
Canada
:
'18 CX-9 Signature
I'd also like to see pictures of the damage over the years, as well as the repaint (to see how well they were able to match the old paint).

:
13' CX-5 and 16' Mazda6 both Touring w/Tech/Bose
failure starts at approximately 9:25 minutes into the video

hopefully the harbor freight jack stands also used in the video have been checked for their recall:

Returned my Jack Stands to HF only to find they were completely out. The recall replacements were also part of the recall.......I went with 6-ton Pro-Lift T-6906D with built-in safety pins and never looked back. The welds are solid and construction is actually really good.

:
Virginia
:
2021 CX-5 White
WHAT WAS DONE TO MY CX-5
Technically my wife’s 21 Signature with 94 miles on it...sideswiped by someone who said they did not see me. 40 mph on a suburban road. I think the snowflake pearl white mica is going to be a b**** to paint...

:
Southwest Ohio
:
'19 CX-5 diesel
WHAT WAS DONE TO MY CX-5
Technically my wife’s 21 Signature with 94 miles on it...sideswiped by someone who said they did not see me. 40 mph on a suburban road. I think the snowflake pearl white mica is going to be a b**** to paint...

Doh!! your gonna be in Trouuuuuuble with a capitol Tee

:
Mazda CX-9 Signature
WHAT WAS DONE TO MY CX-5
Fuuuuuuu so sorry to hear :(
It's especially painful since it's a brand new car. I don't care what people say but aftermarket paint will never be the same