Dandan's build thread!!

nice looking build!
Mines about the same just with gt28rs instead.
What turbo are you running now? have you dyno'd?

Also if you want to run the gt3071r you also might want to look into a stronger clutch while your there.

But build looks nice

yah the clutch will also be changed. probably a spec stage 3 and a new plate for the fidanza. and no i never dyno'd my car, the last few parts were supposed to be the last then i was gonna take it for a custom tune by sam but low compression made me decide to go all the way and just forge the damn thing and make some real power. but my guess is it was around 210 horspower with the unichip

he lives pretty close to my house so maybe ill check this thing out myself, maybe steal it. lol just kidding, called a local machine shop today got quoted 289 for the whole block to be done i think im gonna shop around alittle bit and see if i can get it cheaper.

Sam quoted me ABOUT 500$ for block work, and ABOUT 250 for 5 angle valve job. But going to be upbradeing all my oil lines so when i do upgrade to a GT30 i dont need to upgrade the lines :)

ouch 500 for machine work? oh well hes doing all the work and sourcing.

Without a "hook up" 400+ is not out of the question to have the blocked bathed/honed/align honed/blue printed and painted. Which is what he does on every block that goes out the door.

Without a "hook up" 400+ is not out of the question to have the blocked bathed/honed/align honed/blue printed and painted. Which is what he does on every block that goes out the door.

understood, i wasnt knocking his price at all. i wouldnt pay it mainly because im doing the paintwork, sourcing the machine shop (probably automotive machine) that includes everything above accept painting, wich is free to me. i thinks his price is pretty fair, i wouldnt do it for any less myself.

If I have any extra cash I'm going to get the awr deep swamp oil pan aswell :)
You mean deep sump? That suckers especially nice when you do any form of road racing ie AutoX. It is a baffled pan if im not mistaken which helps against oil starvation.

i paid 400 without a hook up for my machine work which was
*Wash
*Bore .020 Over
*Hone
*remove freeze plugs
*wash again
*Put in new freeze plugs
*Wash head
*3 Angle Valve Job
*New valve seals put in
*Shim Cams

i thought that was super expensive at the time but i guess not lol the 3 angle valve job itself was $125

i paid 400 without a hook up for my machine work which was
*Wash
*Bore .020 Over
*Hone
*remove freeze plugs
*wash again
*Put in new freeze plugs
*Wash head
*3 Angle Valve Job
*New valve seals put in
*Shim Cams

i thought that was super expensive at the time but i guess not lol the 3 angle valve job itself was $125

Forgot about the freeze plugs and what not. 400 for all that is an excellent price.

You mean deep sump? That suckers especially nice when you do any form of road racing ie AutoX. It is a baffled pan if im not mistaken which helps against oil starvation.

Yes, all writen here is true. Lol. And I'm hopefully going to track it... Hopefully.

Forgot about the freeze plugs and what not. 400 for all that is an excellent price.

hey blake, wen u did ur build did u buy the block already forged or did u do all the sourcing urself? if so who did u use for machine work?

what would be needed to run them? they are drop in right? i honestly might not even need more then 13 psi. thats pretty agressive.

sti injectors are direct drop in, i shoulda have go that route instead of 420cc wrx injector.

Back