2003 Protege 2L
Got this car around January 2022 - 2003 Mazda Protege LX 2.0L
  • First Picture
    IMG_3240 (2).jpg
  • Drilled holes into the exhaust pipe because I'm a broke senior lol
  • Removed license plate from front
  • Added HID lights
  • Put black vinyl over front logo
  • Replaced the head lamp assemblies and removed the grill parts covering fog lamp slots
    70166619458__672B0F1A-A589-47F1-9AA0-3C81DD1E378C.jpg
  • Debadged the back and then used a rubber wheel to remove the gunk, filled holes with bondo for now
    IMG_4751 (2).jpg
    IMG_4842 (2).jpg

• Took plastic tubes off side and removed gunk with rubber wheel, going to buff and wax once summer starts and also gonna use a paint pen on the chips
    IMG_4793.jpg

• Ordered some laminex for fog lights and blinker signals on headlamps, only did one headlamp though and unfortunately scratched the lens with goo-gone, so had to order a new one and planning on doing both today. Also, did not sand the chrome so paint did not stick as well, basically a learning process for me.
    IMG_4972.jpg
    IMG_4979.jpg
    IMG_4974.jpg
  • Current shot of the car
    IMG_4982.jpg
  • Plans going forward:
  • Bondo front of the car where license plate holes are
  • Correctly do both head lamps and install fog lights, should be done by this week
  • Install side skirt, looking for an oem front lip still
  • Paint tail lights black so only clear part in the middle is untouched
  • Redo interior black/silver
  • Tint windows
  • New stereo/speaker system
  • New exhaust
  • Ksport coilover
  • 5 spoke white wheels ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ idk which ones yet and most likely reps

Don't really expect anyone to see this, more of a thing I wanted to do for myself, but feedback or tips/help would be appreciated!

Finished head lamp assembly and put fog lights in
70486508491__8462DE80-5A1C-4919-B1FD-077435858674.jpeg
IMG_5015.jpeg

Sadly I cracked passenger side fog lights, also does any one know where to get bulbs for my turnsignal lights so when they shine through the laminx its yellow and not orangey yellow

Put in KSport Coilovers, used AWR front swaybar end links but not for the rear.

IMG_5266.jpeg
IMG_5267.jpeg

Probably gonna wait to lower it more until I get new wheels, I currently have my sideskirts sanded and now all I need to do is paint them.

Been a while but I finally got the side skirts installed…

IMG_5651.jpeg

I would say it definitely looks a lot better now, I have a front lip on the way as well.

Next up is rims and a new muffler and muffler tip, before then ill clean up all the marks and scuffs on my car and really solidify the look. 😎

Welp, starter went out but I replaced it, pretty easy process once you know what youre doing, I dont have any pictures of new starter or installing it but I have a picture of the old one.
IMG_5685.jpeg

If anyone ever needs help with replacing the starter on a 2003 Automatic Mazda Protege or any protege with similar engine in the future just hmu, it is located to the left of the oil filter for starters.

Painting and putting on new front lip hopefully by tuesday.

Back