Can I fit a 2002 Tribute/Escape suspension on a Protege5?

:
2002 Mazda Protege5 in BRIGHT ASS YELLOW
Looking to see if I can fit a 2002 tribute/escape suspension on a P5. Parts look similar, and I know the sway bar links crossover. Anybody got any hard data on measurements between them? Are Escape parts bigger, but look the same?

Yes I'm trying to get this thing springy, possibly on a lift kit. Gotta be able to handle a jump. 😉

Only Tribute parts I got are windsield washer nozzles and wiper stalk with adjustable intermittent settings.....think people use the endlinks but not sure about the rest

Upvote 0
I can't imagine much more than the above would be compatible from an SUV, but let us know. :) If you're jumping it and you also have substantial rust, you might end up with a P2 + a P3. ;)

Upvote 0
Looking to see if I can fit a 2002 tribute/escape suspension on a P5. Parts look similar, and I know the sway bar links crossover. Anybody got any hard data on measurements between them? Are Escape parts bigger, but look the same?

Yes I'm trying to get this thing springy, possibly on a lift kit. Gotta be able to handle a jump. 😉
Instead of trying to fit a P5 on a tribute frame/suspension, why not just get a used Mazda tribute from the junkyard and fix it up to do what you want and modify the engine, etc ?

Upvote 0
I'd rather have a lifted Protege,..

Screenshot_20230206-100136_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Screenshot_20230206-101019_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back