CX-30 NAV?

:
3x Mazdas
I've only sat in one CX-30, looked at a few on a couple lots and have read a lot. I'm assuming they ALL come standard with a NAV system built into the infotainment system? Nowhere in any of the Mazda online info can I find a reference to a NAV system or I'm completely overlooking it. It's a couple hours to my closest Mazda dealer so I can't easily drop by for a look. I would think if it's standard equipment across the board that Mazda would make sure to point that out since it's not that common - it's usually in the top tier or two of any particular model.

If it's like all the other Mazda's, it's built into the info system.
All you need to activate it is the NAV card.
If it's part of the purchase experience, the dealer should insert it upon delivery, thus guaranteeing that your 3 year free update period doesn't start until you take delivery.
I'm assuming of course that this same process applies to the new CX-30.

Navigation is essentially built into most – if not all – new Mazdas, but you need to buy the Nav SD card in order to complete its functionality. Dealers are selling them for $449.95.
Screen Shot 2020-02-05 at 11.16.01 AM.png

Last edited:
Just got my Nav SD card on eBay ($44 US) - put it in the car and it worked immediately.

It was a bit fiddly when I took it out of the car and put it in my computer to update the maps - I had to switch the write-protect lock on the side of the card several times before the computer saw it as "unlocked" and available to write to. But it did all work eventually.

Does anyone on here who has the Premium Package (which has the HUD) and has gotten the NAV card know whether having the Nav card allows you to see speed limits in the HUD?

Even though I did not get a response from anyone, I went ahead and bought a NAV card on EBay for $45US and I can report that, yes, speed limits are shown on HUD after installing/updating maps/reinstalling SD card. The speedometer also now shows you how far over the speed limit you are and the posted speed limit is shown with a red line on the speedometer. In addition, the speed limit is also shown to the left of the speedometer (as shown in the photos)
IMG_20200310_125809884.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200310_125846736.jpg
    IMG_20200310_125846736.jpg
    988 KB · Views: 299
Getting at this type of info is one area where Mazda falls short.

The NAV Card used to come standard in the CX-5 trims, then for 2020 they made it an extra-charge option in all trims but the Signature (CX-5's top trim.) But when you looked at the CX-5 Build & Price section of Mazda's website, the NAV card was only listed as an Accessory in a couple of trims. I communicated with Customer Service on this months ago, and it's still not been fully corrected...and in this model, the NAV Card also drives Traffic Sign Recognition.

I just looked at the CX-30 section of the Build & Price website (likely where the OP was), and NAV is not mentioned anywhere on any trim...even the Premium. It's not listed in the features Summary section, and it is not is listed as an available Accessory on any of the trims (including the Premium.)

The Mazda CX-30 promo site does not discuss NAV at all. They show the HUD with Speed Limit displayed, but there's no discussion as to some features being non-standard or how to get them.

As the OP stated, NAV is a feature that should be advertised. No one who is shopping for a car is even going to know that this is available, much less a component of every trim. And it drives the HUD, which is one of the slickest features of these cars, yet it's fallen between the cracks.

Getting at this type of info is one area where Mazda falls short.

The NAV Card used to come standard in the CX-5 trims, then for 2020 they made it an extra-charge option in all trims but the Signature (CX-5's top trim.) But when you looked at the CX-5 Build & Price section of Mazda's website, the NAV card was only listed as an Accessory in a couple of trims. I communicated with Customer Service on this months ago, and it's still not been fully corrected...and in this model, the NAV Card also drives Traffic Sign Recognition.

I just looked at the CX-30 section of the Build & Price website (likely where the OP was), and NAV is not mentioned anywhere on any trim...even the Premium. It's not listed in the features Summary section, and it is not is listed as an available Accessory on any of the trims (including the Premium.)

The Mazda CX-30 promo site does not discuss NAV at all. They show the HUD with Speed Limit displayed, but there's no discussion as to some features being non-standard or how to get them.

As the OP stated, NAV is a feature that should be advertised. No one who is shopping for a car is even going to know that this is available, much less a component of every trim. And it drives the HUD, which is one of the slickest features of these cars, yet it's fallen between the cracks.
It was when I was building mine in late December. Recently I noticed it was gone. But I did purchase my card off of a seller on eBay and it works flawlessly.

I was contemplating getting one from eBay as well. Seeing as people haven't had too much difficulty, I might fork over the $40 or so to get one.

Bought a NAV card for my 6 last month and cost me $89 via Amazon.ca....couldn’t find anything cheaper here in Cda unfortunately. But hey, it still worked and better than paying $500+taxes!

Bought a NAV card for my 6 last month and cost me $89 via Amazon.ca....couldn’t find anything cheaper here in Cda unfortunately. But hey, it still worked and better than paying $500+taxes!
When you buy one of these from a third party, do you still get three years of free updates?

When you buy one of these from a third party, do you still get three years of free updates?
From my understanding, yes, but I haven't tried it out yet.

On that note, I did get mine after waiting almost 3 weeks for it to get here. Popped it in and started right up with no issues. I had to get mine from another seller on eBay as the one @Floridalivin linked sold all of theirs out.

From my understanding, yes, but I haven't tried it out yet.

On that note, I did get mine after waiting almost 3 weeks for it to get here. Popped it in and started right up with no issues. I had to get mine from another seller on eBay as the one @Floridalivin linked sold all of theirs out.
Interesting because through that link on eBay, it still shows that they have more than 10 available. With the link that I put on here, you actually have to put it into your SD slot in your car first and let it boot up and then you take it out and put it into your computer and create an account on Mazda and then it validates the SD card and updates the maps. And yes, from my understanding, you get 3 years of updates. It was a very straightforward process. Of course, the update on the SD card took a little bit of time but when I popped it back into the SD card slot in the car, it worked just fine. Anyway, as I said, I just checked the link that I originally put for eBay, and they are still available for $45.

It looks like they restocked. At the time I clicked on it, it said it ended. Maybe it was just bad timing. Besides, I got mine from NavKings based in Arizona and got it for $40.

At some point, I want to eventually get an update on my SD card.

And yes, from my understanding, you get 3 years of updates.
That's good to know.
The reason I asked is that I'm thinking that after my three years is up in November, instead of paying for future updates, I'll just buy a new SD card for $45., and get another three years out of it.

Back