Would you guys be interested in getting quality wide-angled mirrors for your CX-50?

Sure, if you want to post it here or PM it to me, that would be great.
RUDM TC CX-9 / EDM CX-5 part numbers:
Left (aspheric):
TK94-69-1G7 (heated w/BSM)
TK93-69-1G7 (heated w/o BSM)
Right (regular convex, no warning label):
TK94-69-1G1 (heated w/BSM)
TK93-69-1G1 (heated w/o BSM)

General Market LHD CX-5 part numbers:
Left (regular convex, no warning label):
TK58-69-1G7 (unheated w/BSM)
TK56-69-1G7 (unheated w/o BSM)
Right (regular convex, no warning label):
TL13-69-1G1 (unheated w/BSM)
TL12-69-1G1 (unheated w/o BSM)
I don't think anyone cares for GCC mirrors (arabic "objects in mirror" warning label), so I'm not going to post them.

UKDM CX-5 part numbers:
Left (regular convex):
TK92-69-1G7 (heated w/BSM)
TK57-69-1G7 (heated w/o BSM)
Right (aspheric):
KBG9-69-1G1 (heated w/BSM)
KB9H-69-1G1 (heated w/o BSM)
1657819135985.png

1657819158427.png

For aspheric mirrors on both sides, order a RUDM and UKDM mirror, one of each side... otherwise, if you're on a budget, just get one mirror and live with the "objects in mirror" warning label... it's OK... my experience with a UKDM driver's side mirror on my protege had shown that it's so wide, it doesn't let me see effectively more than a regular convex mirror did... I have all 3 versions of those mirrors, except for the GCC convex and AUDM flat one

Last edited:
Even if the CX-60 mirrors (assuming they're the same shape) aren't a straight swap, it appears the black backing on the mirrors can be separated trivially:
1657821138792.png

JDM KF CX-5/ CX-8 blue mirrors (OEM accessory kit)
K123-V3-660 (heated, water repelling, w/o BSM)
K128-V3-660 (heated, water repelling, w/BSM)
1657821382353.png

1657821398640.png

Just FYI, if not already mentioned already. Many folks who ordered SUMA mirrors for the CX-5 had a lot of issues with them in the beginning:

Last edited:
These ones are not aspheric or convex, right?
both convex only, but probably curved more than USDM or EDM convex glass, as allowed by JIS rules

Japan has not used flat mirrors in passenger cars for probably around 40 years or more

Just FYI, if not already mentioned already. Many folks who ordered SUMA mirrors for the CX-5 had a lot of issues with them in the beginning:

More the reason to try to see if there's OEM ones that fit the CX-50 considering those mirrors aren't cheap to begin with!

CX-30 and CX-60 mirrors might fit... again, one of you needs to verify parts supplier first, but the glass appears to be the same shape:

CX-50:
1657922557655.png

CX-30:
1657922577235.png

CX-60:
1657923024676.png

Since it looks like everyone has been busy to go do more research, I went out of my way to stop by the dealer today on the way to do some shopping.

Good news: the CX-30 mirror housings are the same as the CX-50. The supplier is Penstone Mexicana, subsidiary of Ishizaki Holdings Corporation. It has the same ECE type approval numbers, same OES part numbers on the housings.

This means, there is a very likelihood that importing EDM Mexican built CX-30 mirrors will fit!

So, on to the part numbers for the Mexican built LHD EDM CX-30 mirrors:
Left side (aspheric):
DGK9-69-1G7 (w/o BSM, unheated)
DGK9-69-1GY (w/BSM, unheated)
DGL2-69-1G7 (w/o BSM, heated)
DGL2-69-1GY (w/BSM, heated)
DGL4-69-1G7A (w/o BSM, heated, auto dimming)
DGL4-69-1GYA (w/BSM, heated, auto dimming)

Right side (regular convex, no warning label):
DGK9-69-1G1 (w/o BSM, unheated)
DGK9-69-1GX (w/BSM, unheated)
DGL2-69-1G1 (w/o BSM, heated)
DGL2-69-1GX (w/BSM, heated)

As for the getting an aspheric passenger side mirror, using a UKDM driver's side mirror, you will need to take a small risk. The Mexican plant only manufactures LHD cars. All of the UKDM CX-30s are Japanese made, just like some of the LHD ones sold in Europe. The Japanese built CX-30s use Ishizaki mirrors out of their Japanese factory, rather than their Mexican one (makes sense).

I did a Google image search between the Japanese Ishizaki mirrors and the Mexican Penstone (Ishizaki) mirrors, and it looks like the mounting sockets are at the same places:
Mexican made (DG2L-69-1GX):
1658641842828.png

Japanese made (DFR5-69-1G1):
1658641907053.png

Like I said, there's a small chance it won't fit because of socket size differences. Worst case scenario, heat up the plastic backing with the heat gun, then with a putty knife, scrape it off, then do the same with your stock one, then swap the backing plates over. I have high confidence there won't be problems, however, but you are still at your own risk!

So with that being said, UKDM CX-30 right side (driver's side) mirror:
DADH-69-1GX (w/BSM, unheated)
DADJ-69-1GX (w/BSM, heated)
DFT9-69-1GXA (w/BSM, heated, auto dimming)

As for where to get them: like I said before, look for a UK seller on ebay that happens to be a Mazda dealer. There are a couple, last time I bought EDM parts for my 3 a few years ago and they're still around. Hint: randomly look up an EDM accessory from Mazda UK's website, then search the part number on ebay. There should be a seller or two that lists them for sell and uses the ebay global shipping program for cheaper shipping. PM them with the part numbers you want, and ask them to list your parts privately on ebay so you can "buy it now", then go from there. Pretty easy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since it looks like everyone has been busy to go do more research, I went out of my way to stop by the dealer today on the way to do some shopping.

Good news: the CX-30 mirror housings are the same as the CX-50. The supplier is Penstone Mexicana, subsidiary of Ishizaki Holdings Corporation. It has the same ECE type approval numbers, same OES part numbers on the housings.

This means, there is a very likelihood that importing EDM Mexican built CX-30 mirrors will fit!

So, on to the part numbers for the Mexican built LHD EDM CX-30 mirrors:
Left side (aspheric):
DGK9-69-1G7 (w/o BSM, unheated)
DGK9-69-1GY (w/BSM, unheated)
DGL2-69-1G7 (w/o BSM, heated)
DGL2-69-1GY (w/BSM, heated)
DGL4-69-1G7A (w/o BSM, heated, auto dimming)
DGL4-69-1GYA (w/BSM, heated, auto dimming)

Right side (regular convex, no warning label):
DGK9-69-1G1 (w/o BSM, unheated)
DGK9-69-1GX (w/BSM, unheated)
DGL2-69-1G1 (w/o BSM, heated)
DGL2-69-1GX (w/BSM, heated)

As for the getting an aspheric passenger side mirror, using a UKDM driver's side mirror, you will need to take a small risk. The Mexican plant only manufactures LHD cars. All of the UKDM CX-30s are Japanese made, just like some of the LHD ones sold in Europe. The Japanese built CX-30s use Ishizaki mirrors out of their Japanese factory, rather than their Mexican one (makes sense).

I did a Google image search between the Japanese Ishizaki mirrors and the Mexican Penstone (Ishizaki) mirrors, and it looks like the mounting sockets are at the same places:
Mexican made (DG2L-69-1GX):
View attachment 311854
Japanese made (DFR5-69-1G1):
View attachment 311855

Like I said, there's a small chance it won't fit because of socket size differences. Worst case scenario, heat up the plastic backing with the heat gun, then with a putty knife, scrape it off, then do the same with your stock one, then swap the backing plates over. I have high confidence there won't be problems, however, but you are still at your own risk!

So with that being said, UKDM CX-30 right side (driver's side) mirror:
DADH-69-1GX (w/BSM, unheated)
DADJ-69-1GX (w/BSM, heated)
DFT9-69-1GXA (w/BSM, heated, auto dimming)

As for where to get them: like I said before, look for a UK seller on ebay that happens to be a Mazda dealer. There are a couple, last time I bought EDM parts for my 3 a few years ago and they're still around. Hint: randomly look up an EDM accessory from Mazda UK's website, then search the part number on ebay. There should be a seller or two that lists them for sell and uses the ebay global shipping program for cheaper shipping. PM them with the part numbers you want, and ask them to list your parts privately on ebay so you can "buy it now", then go from there. Pretty easy.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS! I never expected to find someone helpful like you! Words really can't express how appreciative I am! Do you know the exact seller who sold you those UKDM mirror glass? I tried my darnest to google a site to buy UK parts but couldn't find one that has the mirror glass. I even tried using a VPN to switch my location to the UK and still wasn't able to fool Google. It only returned results from US sites when I entered in the part numbers you provided. T_T

Last edited:
Back