Worth doing?

Monkee

:
2014 Mazda 6
I was thinging of adding a little chrome vinyl on the fog lamp trim to copy the concept car. I could slso run a strip of LEDs on the inside of the outer ledge and splice it into the DTRL and it would stay on ehendver tge DTRL stay on. Worth doing?

cf040396-bbf6-461c-9c87-17a5a1cbdc83.jpg

9c64fe9d-d8ec-4755-9166-7730354c80ec.jpg

What do you think?

See post #9 of the "2014 Mazda6 Project" Thread...there is apparently an accessory for exactly this but not available (easily at least) in the US...

Production is not as flared so you won't get the same feeling. I think it'll cheapen the look, but that's just my opinion.

Here's where I am. I used painters blue tape and used it a to trace the contours, taped it on cardboard and made a template. I had some thing chrome tape and mocked up a trial before I buy chrome vinyl and made cut pieces. I'm torn, I like it but should it be chrome or silver, like the concept?
image-36.jpg

image-37.jpg

image-35.jpg

Added a 7" visor dark tint. It was done in 2 peices to not disturb the sensors. I also went ahead and did the chrome trim in vinyl, I like it. I can always peel it off.
image-42.jpg

image-41.jpg

image-40.jpg

image-39.jpg

image-38.jpg

Very Nice job, the whole car look sweet. do you have a build thread showing all you've done so far?

Very Nice job, the whole car look sweet. do you have a build thread showing all you've done so far?

I feel like I've bombarded this forum with pics of my 6. I'm sure you all are getting sick of it, lol.

Last edited:
I feel like I've bombarded this for with pics of my 6. I'm sure you all are getting sick of it, lol.

yea i really like how it looks and its good seeing your progression with your 6 its a good foundation to go off of for people like me. and i hope to see it in LA sometime!

Nice job mate. It's a very progressive job you have done. You can do some alteration as per your need and your mood.it will not look cheaper .

Here's where I am. I used painters blue tape and used it a to trace the contours, taped it on cardboard and made a template. I had some thing chrome tape and mocked up a trial before I buy chrome vinyl and made cut pieces. I'm torn, I like it but should it be chrome or silver, like the concept?
image-36.jpg

image-37.jpg

image-35.jpg

Love that look. I dnt have fogs yet but the enclosing is still the same. Which vinyl wrap did you use.

Back