Wiring my amp and sub?

m_long84

:
1995 NA Nissan 300ZX
I read in a previous post that the best place to run the power through the firewall is through the grommet right behind the glove box. If I run the power through there where does it pop out? I had the plastic cover and the fuse box inside the car off and I couldn't find where the grommet was on the inside of the car. I am also planning on getting a line out converter to wire my subs in. Can someone please tell me where the screws are located in the rear doors and how to remove them so I don't mess anything up. Any help would be greatly appreaciated.

m_long84 said:
I read in a previous post that the best place to run the power through the firewall is through the grommet right behind the glove box. If I run the power through there where does it pop out? I had the plastic cover and the fuse box inside the car off and I couldn't find where the grommet was on the inside of the car. I am also planning on getting a line out converter to wire my subs in. Can someone please tell me where the screws are located in the rear doors and how to remove them so I don't mess anything up. Any help would be greatly appreaciated.

You can also run your power cable through the hole for the hood latch cable. I replaced the grommet and my 8gauge power was very easy to pass through the firewall.

There is also 2 unused battery connections in the fuse box on the passenger side in my Mazda3 GS. So i will be adding a fuse and connecting inside the fuse box instead of adding a fuse holder.

Thanks for the tips Don Lockwood I will definatley try to figure out how to run it through there as it sounds like it will be much easier. I was also wondering if anyone knows which fuse inside the car is for the cd player, radio etc. so that I can tap my amp power to it so that it comes on when the radio does. I realize I could probably look in the manuel and find it but I'm being too lazy. If you have any other suggestions or ideas let me know. Any would be appreciated.

Back