Windshield wipers HELP!

did it do that before you put those wiper blades on? I'm wondering if air pressure exerted on the blades at highway speed has something to do with it since you can't replicate in your driveway.

nope only started to do it when I put the new ones on but I have it in the driveway right now and they still won't move at all but once it dries out they'll work fine.

Maybe the wiper motors are toast? Or something in the circuitry somewhere. It should be covered under warranty.

At 50K miles so no more warranty.... I'll try some non-curve fit cheapo blades and see what happens.

cheap wipers didn't work...Making the call to bring it in to the dealer right now....FML there goes $500

Update

dealer said it was some kind initialization code that was missing in the ECU. They reflashed it.. grand total of $56.00, Hopefully it fixed now!

Well they worked in the rain today with no issue so it think they're fixed. Thanks for all the help!

Well they worked in the rain today with no issue so it think they're fixed. Thanks for all the help!

Uh, wow.

the ECU needed a hug to let the wipers work

Does it say "BORG" on the outside of that brainbox by any chance??

I watched the video and was trying to come up with ideas...reflashing the ECU was certainly not one of them. Thumbs up for the dealer solving your problem quickly and at a reasonable price!

Issue returned this week...taking it back to the dealer on friday. I really hope this doesn't become a yearly event.

I've got a question about the wipers... I didn't want to post a new topic because this is so dumb. Anyway, my passenger side wiper rest like a quarter inch on the black plastic cowl at the very tip. Does anyone else's do this? Can I just bend the arm a little bit? I originally thought the original owner just bought the wrong size, but I bought new ones in the correct size and it's still the same.

/dumbquestion

I've got a question about the wipers... I didn't want to post a new topic because this is so dumb. Anyway, my passenger side wiper rest like a quarter inch on the black plastic cowl at the very tip. Does anyone else's do this? Can I just bend the arm a little bit? I originally thought the original owner just bought the wrong size, but I bought new ones in the correct size and it's still the same.

/dumbquestion

just take the arm off and rotate it so it doesn't touch the cowl anymore. They're held on with 1 nut and a spline connection so they dont rotate. Just be careful to not strip the spline off!

Latest posts

Back