Wifes new car

vfrguy

:
2013 CX-5 Touring
I am a new member here, but today I went and sold my wifes 08 CX-9 GT and we got the CX-5 in the Touring trim in Zeal Red. I have got to say I am super impressed with thing. It arrived this morning and the salesman called to say it was in and we could see if this is the color we wanted. I think it is the best looking color on this car. Anyway on to the pics.

DSCN1044.jpg

DSCN1043.jpg

DSCN1039.jpg

DSCN1041.jpg

Thanks, its a lot different coming from the power of the CX-9 to this, but I am still quite impressed with it. It is not quick off of the line, but has plenty when you need it. Now we are just waiting for the DVD headrests to get here and get them installed for the kiddo.

In the pictures it looks like the zeal red has some orange or lighter red tones in it. Not quite a full red. I like the look of it.

Yes that's for the 17s, they are super quiet and the CX5 handles very well. We were trying to find a GT around here and had no luck and none of the dealers showed that they were even getting any. The dealer we got ours from was the only one that showed on their paperwork to be getting the zeal red in. Now we are just waiting to get the headrest screens installed for the kiddo.

I test drove a touring model last week, and thought the handling and suspension was great. Coming from a 2002 turbo jetta, the cx-5 felt a little slow but overall though it looks to be my next car. I did notice on the test drive that the side mirrors theseves within the housing vibrated quite badly at highway speeds and the center console was loose side to side around the shifter. Is this a common issue, or variability in build quality.

Last edited:
I test drove a touring model last week, and thought the handling and suspension was great. Coming from a 2002 turbo jetta, the cx-5 felt a little slow but overall though it looks to be my next car. I did notice on the test drive that the side mirrors theseves within the housing vibrated quite badly at highway speeds and the center console was loose side to side around the shifter. Is this a common issue, or variability in build quality.

Didn't notice those issues during my test drive where I took the car up to 85 mph on the highway...but that's a little worrying if you've noticed it on other test vehicles. The center console was also very sturdy in my opinion...thanks for bringing those points out though...something to go over when I pick up the new car.

Very nice. I'm looking forward to seeing a red and a white one in person.

The black is also very nice in sunlight, but we all know about keeping one of those clean!

Very nice. I'm looking forward to seeing a red and a white one in person.

The black is also very nice in sunlight, but we all know about keeping one of those clean!

The one I drove was white. It looked nice, but had something of an ambulance look to me. It's not a very "pearl" white or "ivory" white, it's more of a pure white.

The one I drove was white. It looked nice, but had something of an ambulance look to me. It's not a very "pearl" white or "ivory" white, it's more of a pure white.

The white has a strong metallic element to it. I don't like white cars, but the white on the CX-5 is fantastic.

Back