Wifes new car

Night pics of the dash.
DSCN1211.jpg

DSCN1204.jpg

Ok so we dropped out CX5 off to have some headrest DVD players installed. The were able to hook it up through the Aux port so it could play through the Bose system, or through the headrest speakers, or headphones. They had to have the cloth matched because they are only available in leather and I think they turned out great. And they can be viewed with seperate movies or the same. On to the pics.

DSCN1236.jpg

DSCN1235.jpg

DSCN1234.jpg

DSCN1232.jpg

And on another note, I filled it up on the way home from the dealer. We had 321.2 miles on the tank and it took 11.2 gallons to fill it up which equals out to 28.67 MPGs. The trip computer was reading at 28.8 MPGs, so not to far off compared to other cars that Ive driven. And it was with about 90% city driving.

those pics look great!!!! Thanks vfrguy!

btw...if u don't mind me asking, how much did it cost to have those headrests installed?

Night shots of headlight output? We are trying to see if the halogen projectors will suffice over the Tech package for almost $2300.

It was a little over 1200. It was more because they had to match the cloth. It probably would've been cheaper had we taken it somewhere ourselves, but when we were talking to the dealer about it they considered it a dealer option so everything would be covered under warranty which was better for us.

The light output is good, nothing compared to the HID of the CX9 we came from but it's still good. I'll try and get some pics later.

Hey Vfrguy, nice looking ride thanks for the 1st impression. What kind on headrest monitors did u order? My wife is looking to get some as well.

Thanks in advance

Those video screens look great! I can't show my kids these pics because I just convinced them that wasn't an option on the CX-5 and they can use our tablet to watch movies on trips! Our old van had a video player so they were asking for one in the new car.

Hey, I just realized that I can pair up my tablet to the car stereo via Bluetooth. Score!

Last edited:
I honestly have no idea what brand they are. I have to say that it's sounds like you're sitting in a movie theater with the Bose stereo.

To hooked...I was trying to convince my wife just to get the strap on ones but she wouldn't have it. With our son being only 2 we figured this was the only way to go when traveling.

Back