Who has extended warranty ?

Hey folks
I'm coming close to my three year powertrain warranty.
Anyone else extended their warranty ? I'm thinking of extending mine, as it gets DRIVEN everywhere...ya know:p
Did you use the dealer or some outside warranty company ?

experiences etc ?

thanks

They're not worth it, IMO. I've had 'em and never had the need. I have had two more than pay for themselves, but the majority of the ones I bought never even broke even. You'll find it pretty expensive now that your factory warranty is 'bout done. Too often the after-market warranty doesn't cover what fails anyway. I shopped Warranty Direct when I bought mine. Glad I didn't buy it. I cancelled the extended warranty on my 300C right after I bought the car. As it turns out, it would have been wasted money.

I was concerned as well, I bought mine with 35,500
did ALOT of shopping, after posting on here as ou have done
A.
it is NOT a warrant, it is an insurance plan
the premium varies based on the risk to the insurer
B.
some states (florida) have strict pricing rules, so a 5 ear75K plan costs the same from any dealer
hence m shopping
the MEPP is not "from" mazda

I did it, have not used it, cost me 1100 to do the "bumper to bumper" mepp 5 ear 75K
its good for another ear I guess, and Im at 72K, with a 5 min drive to work, itll time out, and I guess I'll look at a 3071 then

the dealer ma sell either a mepp plan or outside, totally up to the dealer, phone phoning about found it to be half and half
Hey folks
Anyone else extended their warranty ? I'm thinking of extending mine, as it gets DRIVEN everywhere...ya know:p

experiences etc ?

thanks

They're not worth it, IMO. I've had 'em and never had the need. I have had two more than pay for themselves, but the majority of the ones I bought never even broke even. You'll find it pretty expensive now that your factory warranty is 'bout done. Too often the after-market warranty doesn't cover what fails anyway. I shopped Warranty Direct when I bought mine. Glad I didn't buy it. I cancelled the extended warranty on my 300C right after I bought the car. As it turns out, it would have been wasted money.

+1 I have had one and had to use it once and its just barely broke even and is not even worth the hassle. To make a long story short lets say your slave cylinder goes out which causes your clutch not to function properly and makes you grind gears. Well now your trans is no longer covered user a the warranty due to a none covered part (the clutch cylinder) damaged a covered part (the trans).

Thankfully for me they authorized the trans repair before they found out my slace cylinder went out on my car. Other wise i would of been up the creek without a paddle with a broken trans that wont go into gear.

After reading what you all have been posting and the fact that I reached the same conclusion.
I'm going to stay away from it, and just keep up with my service.

thanks folks :)

I just got some warranty work done on my 07. Front sway bar and bushings. (They even paid for a rental car because they didn't have any loaners (Dodge Caliber, holy sh*t what a piece).

Hey folks

experiences etc ?

thanks

three years? Ain't it 5 years powertrain?

My 07 has been nothing but good ... no problems. Then again, I don't drive it like I stole it. Did you see my post regarding warranty extension for valvetrain and turbo?

Back