Mazda Extended Confidence Warranty - Anyone Bought AFTER Vehicle Purchase?

Thinking about purchasing Mazda Extended Confidence Warranty, before my original warranty expires.

Purchased a used 2019 CX-5 Signature, currently have 15,500 miles, the 3 year warranty will expires at in Mar 2022. I talked to a couple of online dealers over the phone, received $2,137 and $2,295 for 8 years/100,000 miles for bumper-to-bumper warranty. Neither offered powertrain warranty only, or longer period. The quoted Mazda Extended Confidence Warranty covers everything as regular 3yr/36,000mile warranty covers. But I only want powertrain warranty for 9 yr/100,000 miles if it is available.

Those quoted price wasn't negotiable, but there's no such thing as non-negotiable in automobile sales business, IMO.

So, I want to hear from anyone who purchased Mazda Extended Confidence Warranty after drove off the lot, about their experience. I would like to know the cost, name of the dealer if possible and allowed in this forum. Thanks for the help.

I just emailed a bunch of dealerships and nobody is really interested in quoting me the extended warranty. Apparently they don't even read the email and they all called me back to sell me their used CX9 and sounded disappointed to hear that I was looking for the extended warranty. And of course transferred me to the finance guy which said he was busy and call me back and never did.

I suspect that the so-called "extended bumper-to-bumper warranty" still does not cover anything wear-n-tear. That is still different from factory B2B warranty. Please read the fine-prints.

This seems very strange. Those finance managers make commission off extended warranty sales, it doesn't make sense for them to be turning people away so easily.

I wasn’t aware Mazda had an extended warranted. When I bought my cx-5, they showed me a warranty from a third party.

I wasn’t aware Mazda had an extended warranted. When I bought my cx-5, they showed me a warranty from a third party.
That's because they make more money off the 3rd party ones. If you feel you have to get one of these, stick with Mazda's version, more likely to get satisfaction.

I second that. Avoid 3rd party ext warranty if all being equal.
It usually requires pre-approval on any fixes/repairs.
For OE warranty, Mazda dealership can make the calls themselves.

No difference, you think.
The 3rd party could be off on long holidays (e.g. Christmas). No one is there to pre-approve your repair. Yes. It happened to me once during a Christmas time. Raining hard for days, wiper motor went. you get my points.

Keep in mind there really is no "mazda" oem extended warranty. They're all service contracts managed by outside comoanies, though I'd still go with the "mazda" one, which actually, iirc, is Mazda Protection Plan, sold by Toyota Financial. Also, always negotiate, they can sell the $2,800 plan to you for about $1,800

Call Denton Mazda in Ohio I think

$1800 is pretty expensive for an extended warranty. I bought a Hondacare warranty for my 2019 pilot as my factory warranty was expiring. at the time, the pilot had 20k miles on the clock. Extension, which is by Honda, cost me $950 to extend an additional 5 years/80k miles. I’ll never hit 80k miles in that period, so I basically bought 5 extra years. Bought it in february of this year, haven’t had to use it yet. Mazda seems way off on the cost of what they are offering considering these cars are very reliable and you still get a lengthy powertrain warranty. I did not and will not buy an extension for either of our two cx-5s.

Take your $1800, put it into a Money Market or similar. Now, if something happens to your car (it's a Mazda, so that's extremely unlikely until you're over 200,000 miles), withdraw the money and pay for the repair.

So, I want to hear from anyone who purchased Mazda Extended Confidence Warranty after drove off the lot, about their experience. I would like to know the cost, name of the dealer if possible and allowed in this forum. Thanks for the help.

Folks, stay on topic please. @StPark was pretty specific with their request regarding the product and the information required. No need for opinions regarding the warranties or advice on how to spend their money - there are other threads for that.

EDIT: Oops, just realized this thread is six months old. Still, let's stay on topic, which is where/how to buy Mazda's Extended Warranty (or equivalent product).

My only question is did you not buy your mazda from mazda dealer?
Cause the dealer should have given you the cpo mazda extended warranty with purchase.

I usually steer clear of buying extended warranties but in this case, as their is the Mazda cylinder head cracks and coolant leaks problem, then an extended warranty may be worth it both for $$$ outlay and peace of mind. A new engine install or cylinder head fix may cost several thousand dollars and up.

Take your $1800, put it into a Money Market or similar. Now, if something happens to your car (it's a Mazda, so that's extremely unlikely until you're over 200,000 miles), withdraw the money and pay for the repair.
On my '17 Mazda6 I have had the following repairs (replace seat height adjuster, replace right lower control arm due to leaking ball joint, replace Connect screen) done under warranty. If I hadn't been super on top of noticing problems, all of those could easily have festered until the warranty expired. I still need to replace the leaking belt tensioner that didn't get really bad until the warranty was over, and now the left ball joint is leaking

This is the cheapest quote I got so far

12mo or 12,000 miles for $1,795.00 ....
24mo or 24,000 miles for $2,295.00 .....
36mo or 36,000 miles for $2,495.00 ....
48mo or 48,000 miles for $2,895.00 or ...
60mo or 60,000 miles for $3,395.
These are all Platinum care warranties with a $0 deductible .

for my CX9 at 57k miles.

The reason I'm considering because the Coolant leak issue with the 2.5T which usually happen from 20k to 80k. Lucky folks had the engine replaced under warranty and some not so lucky folks got billed up to $10k and Mazda isn't really helping.

$1800 in the money market may not grow you much in today's market.

My only question is did you not buy your mazda from mazda dealer?
Cause the dealer should have given you the cpo mazda extended warranty with purchase.

I usually steer clear of buying extended warranties but in this case, as their is the Mazda cylinder head cracks and coolant leaks problem, then an extended warranty may be worth it both for $$$ outlay and peace of mind. A new engine install or cylinder head fix may cost several thousand dollars and up.

I thought the same when I purchased my CX9 brand new and declined the extended warranty at purchase. When I discovered the coolant issue my car has already passed 36k miles. Now 56k miles I emailed numerous dealers the best I got was above for the used car warranty.

I got 2 quotes from the emails I sent out to ~20 dealerships.

for my CX9 at 57k miles.
Hmmm.. is that 5 years and 60000 miles from your current mileage? If so, and you plan on keeping the vehicle, and the frame is pretty solid, I would go with that & fluid film your underbody every year. Read all the fine print first.

I got lucky and got the CPO seven(7) year/100000 mile powertrain warranty so those warranties wouldn't do me any good.

I recommend staying away from these types of extended warranties but in this case, the numbers game may be in your favor.

Like $56 a month to run your car for another 5 years. And have any engine, coolant leaks, tranny and pumpkin problems covered.

Last edited:

for my CX9 at 57k miles.
When you said Platinum Care Warranties, these are not Mazda Extended Confidence Warranties.
These are from a 3rd party company called Endurance. Caveat Emptor.

Newer Mazdas give me pause, frankly I think they are ruining them. Meanwhile my 2014 is nearing 10 years old and 118k miles and have spent less to repair than an extended warranty would have cost.

And 3rd party warranties sound like a terrible waste of money.

This seems very strange. Those finance managers make commission off extended warranty sales, it doesn't make sense for them to be turning people away so easily.
Evidently not enough commission if you have to be the lowest bidder. That's what the F&I guy would expect he'd have to be when receiving an after sale email request for a quote.

There have been posts in the past reporting very sharp discounts off full price using this method from a particular dealer. What we don't know is if that F&I guy was eventually fired for padding his gross sales with a zero profit item.

Back