Mazda Extended Confidence Warranty - Anyone Bought AFTER Vehicle Purchase?

When you said Platinum Care Warranties, these are not Mazda Extended Confidence Warranties.
These are from a 3rd party company called Endurance. Caveat Emptor.

I clearly asked for OEM coverage and he did say it's from Mazda. He said I'm not qualify for the Mazda Extended Confidence Warranties due to mileage (57k) so he's quoting me the used car warranty. But I don't see any info about that on the Mazda site.

I emailed him back to ask for better pricing and he didn't bother to respond. They are not really eager to sell you this I feel like.

I clearly asked for OEM coverage and he did say it's from Mazda. He said I'm not qualify for the Mazda Extended Confidence Warranties due to mileage (57k) so he's quoting me the used car warranty. But I don't see any info about that on the Mazda site.

I emailed him back to ask for better pricing and he didn't bother to respond. They are not really eager to sell you this I feel like.
As I mentioned, there is no Mazda OEM extended warranty. Actually, there are no extended warranties at all, they are service contracts and the closest "official" Mazda one is offered by Toyota Financialm Mazda Protection Plan - who also does Mazdas financing. No extended warrant is going to give you the complete 36mo/36k bumper to bumper that the original warranty covers

Last edited:

Dont get caught up in the bumper to bumper and pricing. The value is the Powertrain warranty.

Verify it's an additonal 5 year /60,000 miles from your current odometer and todays date and just buy it. $3400 for an additional 5yr/60 k miles will get you to the ?? yr/117,000 mile mark from your current.
Also read the fine print on exceptions especially relating to the Powertrain aspect.

Thats a good deal for peace of mind. Dont try to haggle this as they already are not to eager to sell it.

If you are keeping the car for several more years then this is not too bad a price.

Especially if you end up with the cracked head, gaskets leak, or tranny problems.

Or take the $3400 and put it in a savings acct. to help defray any
engine replacement costs($6000 to $10000). If your engine doesnt have any problems then youll have your next downpayment.

Again i normally think extended warranties are waste of $$.
But with the engine problems of the CX5 and CX9 and not knowing how many vehicles are affected, this is more like prudent insurance. Like getting torando insurance in tornados alley or mine subsidence insurance in coal country.

Luckily I have a 7 yr/100k cpo warranty or I would be purchasing
this as well.

Last edited:

Keep in mind that they are not obligated to discount the warranty. They want to sell it at the highest price possible to get the most profit from it. Generally, the easiest time to negotiate the price of an extended warranty is at the time of vehicle purchase, because any profit that is lost in discounting the warranty can be recouped in the vehicle's profit or in dealer accessories/services. Others have been able to get deals on extended warranty after the fact, but I think it comes down to the person you're dealing with.

If I had an engine failure which would cost 6-10k I wouldn't be doing it. On to the next car at that point. Not sure I would want to keep driving a car with a rebuilt motor either.

Back