What's the best colour in your honest opinion?

Best CX-5 color in your opinion?

• Total voters

drewjonn

:
Mazda CX-5 Touring
I own the meteor grey myself and I have to say that jet black is actually my favourite after all. Silver is kinda meh and for me it's no more than convenience in hiding dirts and scratches away, also not a fan of any blue cars. Classic black ftw.

In order:

1. Jet Black
2. White Pearl
3. Meteor Gray
4. Titanium
5. Soul red
6. Silver
7. Blue

Last edited:
i would not mix "deep crystal blue" and "blue reflex mica" as the same color...they are very different. personally i think the deep crystal blue is beautiful but could not do the light interior so we went with meteor gray to get a black interior. i am not as much a fan of the blue reflex mica.

I agree, the two blues should be separated.

That said I voted for Deep Crystal Blue as that is the color we bought. We weren't too keen on the light interior at first but after seeing the combo in person we really liked it. Good thing as that is the only color option offered for the GT.

Mine is metallic blue - not sure of the actual color - but, if I was spec'ing a new car I'd have chosen white.

I'll stick with Soul Red - when '14 got traded due to hail damage, new '16 had to be same color. Looks awesome with darker wheels. Only incongruity I noticed the other day is the silver colored roof rails. Maybe I'll get them blackened someday.

My decision came down to the meteor gray or white. (Black is nice but my last vehicle was black) I went with the meteor gray and love it.

Although I looooove black and the deep crystal blue was also gorgeous, the dust showing and upkeep of those colors makes me insane. So I went with Meteor Grey and absolutely love it, never having a grey car before I felt it was the perfect balance of having a darker color but it not looking dirty 5 mins after I washed it.

We picked the Meteor Gray Mica because it was different than most cars out there. We love our choice.

We're actually starting to look around for a new Mazda 3 sedan for my wife. We've had our 2006 Hyundai Azera for 10 years and its been a great car but its time to move on. She's fallen in love with the titanium flash with almond leather. Unfortunately, there aren't any available in our area. I guess we'll have to see what is available when the 2017's arrive.

Sonic Silver is the best for longevity. It will hide any dirty, scratches and dents in the long run. Just wish you could get it with a tan interior.

When we were shopping, the wife's color option was still open. That day at the dealer, right by the front door, they had a Soul Red M3 or M6 sitting outside basking in the sun. Wow, the color just jumped out from that vehicle. We went inside, to see if that color was available in the CX5 and the rest is history.
I sort of wanted a color to hide the dust and scratches, but hey, it's her car, so she got to pick. It does look good though, shows off the lines. Oh and of course it was a few hundred $$ extra.

Last edited:
Our 2016.5 Touring is Titanium - pics don't do the color justice. In person, when it's a nice sunny day, the actual color and the metallic flake in the paint really pops. Looks really good once waxed too!

Still can't believe black and titanium are losing here, they look exquisite!

I might understand the hates on black since dirts and scratches are very clear, but titanium?

I choose metor gray and I really like it. My Mazdaspeed6 was a titanium color different than the new titanium. The new one has a brown effect that I didn't like. Metor gray was closer to the old titanium color.

I would lean toward a neutral type of color, myself. Black is terrible for a work-horse SUV/daily. Same for White. They both show dirt very badly. If you have a nice weekend vehicle, then they are great colors, otherwise, no. Of course, the red and some of the other lively colors are good choices, as well, if you like vibrant colors. I honestly think only black and white are bad choices for this vehicle.

The CX5 is our go to Florida car so we went for white with tan interior. Nice and cool (temp wise) for the southern US area. Not my first choice but works well for our needs. I do like the ease of detailing the Pearl White paint. Does not get dusty looking as fast as the colors. The tan interior is not as bad as I thought it would have been. (Our kids are grown.)

It takes a little more upkeep but I got my car in the Deep Crystal Blue and it's the best of the colors IMO.

I went with Titanium with the parchment interior. I wish I could have gotten Meteor Gray with parchment. Black is way too hot interior choice in the summertime.

Sky Blue Mica (discontinued)
I think the White is very nice as well, but my family members disagreed.
On other cars the dark silver color is quite nice, but Meteor Gray on a Mazda looks just gray ... I tried to look at it under direct sun / in the shade, still looks plain gray to me.

Back