Whats next?

ms6_nate

:
04 mazdaspeed 3
Hey all,

Title was a joke. But i am looking for some input from some members. I have a 07 MSP6, now lowered, and have the Corksport Stage 2 intake and turbo inlet, a 3" catless DP, Cobb AP running Stage 2 91 SRI+TIH, boost, volt and LC-1 gauge. My next mod planned is a ETS or Corksport 3.25" TMIC and maybe boost tubes. But i also found a walbro 255 kit for our cars for $100. I guess im curious if that will be enough for a fuel system upgrade and set me up for an adventaul turbo upgrade to possibly a GT2871 or something like that. Also, what size are the stock injectors? need they be upgraded as well?

Hmmm okay....

I ordered a CP-E TMIC today, awaiting mail. I checked my HPFP levels under load today... seems fine, never dropped below 1650psi or so at 16 or 17psi boost. I would imagine a Walbro 255 would be a good idea when I upgrade to the T28 but for now it should be fine. Next will be stage colder plugs then saving up for a new turbo. Anyone have input on a map for this car for my AP if I run a T28 with all my mods?

You need to consider HPFP internals. They're around the same $ as the Walbro you're looking at. Our pumps can produce the pressures we need, but the stock internals have issues maintaining it. I would monitor your fuel pressure even closer now that you're adding that TMIC, as you're going to have higher boost levels. My 6 had perfect FP on my stage 1 OTS map for about 2 months then just started dipping one day on my logs. They really aren't that difficult to install, but a good VW shop will be able to throw em in for $100 or so. I wouldn't even consider running an upgraded turbo without them. To save you the Q&A, get Autotechs as they have the highest success rate and most user friendly customer service. I personally have the KMD's and have had no issues, but looking back would've gotten AT's for customer service etc just in case. As for the Walbro in general, there's not much point in it at this level. I'm running a custom 20psi map on 93 with some advanced ignition timing (290ish whp) and I actually throttle my fuel pressures back a little bit to save my relief valve the stress. From everything I've seen a good set of internals is more than sufficient unless you plan on pushing ridiculous numbers through a BT setup.

*Edit* and as far as a map for a GT28 (or any non-stock turbo for that matter) goes Cobb doesn't make any but there are tons of guys with BT setups who could help you out on this or other forums. Basically starting with a stage 2 OTS map calibrated to your MAF with zeroed out WGDC settings and inching your way towards higher boost.

Back