What have you done to your P5 today?

Finally finished installing motor mounts, hub bearings, hub seals, tie rod ends, new brakes, freshly cut rotors. Also did front wheel alignment, car drives smooth like butter.

I tried to remove the antenna on my mp5 and just snapped some people are saying to remove the head liner is there's anything else I can do besides that ... That would make quick and easy

I tried to remove the antenna on my mp5 and just snapped some people are saying to remove the head liner is there's anything else I can do besides that ... That would make quick and easy

No, the antenna base is held onto the roof from a nut underneath. Have to drop the headliner to get it out, no other way

No, the antenna base is held onto the roof from a nut underneath. Have to drop the headliner to get it out, no other way

ive always removed mine by simply removing the plastic clips at the back door and carefully reaching into the space and undoing the nut. No need to drop the whole headliner.

What I do today?
Rested.
Yesterday I yanked the intake manifold, then got rid of those pesky vtccrapwhatever valves. I cleaned up the ports(carefully) sealed up the hole from the rail with a tapped in bolt and silicone. Cleaned the egr. Lost a pint of blood. Drank a stiff pint, then put her all back together again. Drove her like a bat outta hell!!! Checked for any loose connections, then well .....Rested.
The idle is cool and gnarly and while I'm sure the powergains are completely in my mind. I don't care. zoom zoom is back again!
For those of you fellows under the shade tree. It's a lot easier to remove the manifold in two parts as the exhaust rail to the lower unit is often stuck and very hard to get to with just conventional tools.
Hope this helps all my fellow zooomers keep em spinnin!

Installed left tranny mount pretty easy instal, just had trouble reinstalling the top bolt thread was damaged. So I hammered the bolt a lil to the hole and got it to screw in.

Hello 915_P5,
I've just noticed you say Hell Paso. Why? I grew up there. Went to Western Hills Elementary and later Morehead( ok so More Head). I loved it there. Why do you knock it so?

installed NRG goodies

10271324_10152600619542350_8641758046694148619_o.jpg

Drove her to work today and got the windshield replaced. On the way home I filled the tank and then removed the brackets for the rear strut bar. In doing so I found the source of that annoying 'squeak' I've been hearing from the rear.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• P5 - DS Rear Strut.jpeg
    P5 - DS Rear Strut.jpeg
    263.8 KB · Views: 458
  • P5 - DS Rear Strut1.jpeg
    P5 - DS Rear Strut1.jpeg
    259.4 KB · Views: 443
^^^^^^^^^^ That does look to be just a bit squeaky..............

SCORE!!!!!.................got a black 505zoom intake on the way and also the last blue gtspec piece I have been after, the LTB.

505intake02.jpg

AND.....let's not forget the brand new dark gray CDN armrest en route as well. With the coated header replacement and bunch of stuff I've had on hand for too long to not use, my summer update underhood modfest is turning into more of a build list with inside and suspension projects still to go. Espelirs, touchscreen everything HU, the armrest, coupla gauge hookups & who knows what else by the time I get that far.

Last edited:
Not today per se, but had my mechanic-friend take out the rear engine mount. I'd like to take some credit, but I mostly held the light haha :p

**** that thing, seriously.

He also corrected my shoddy mount swap job for the passenger/front mount- they were a bit out of alignment with each other.

Time & money well spent, I think. The driver side mirror no longer shakes like its got Parkinson's at highway speeds.

Had another of my DDM HID Ballasts fail on me today, this time the driver side headlight. So now i have a reason to buy a replacement ballast for my one fog light too..

Weird cuz I remember reading nothing but positive stuff about these kits, and in less than a year I have two dead ballasts..

I just got myself 4 Continental ExtremeContact DWS 195/50ZR16 for my Pro5 for $372.00 USD and that includes the free shipping and $100 off when you buy on their ebay store. If anyone needs tires now is a good time to get them @ Discount Tire Direct Ebay store. The $100 off of $400 purchase ends August 20 and you must add coupon code CMOTORS0806 during ebay check out!
http://slickdeals.net/f/7115628-dis...s-stackable-rebate-valid-8-1-8-9-free-shippin

Had another of my DDM HID Ballasts fail on me today, this time the driver side headlight. So now i have a reason to buy a replacement ballast for my one fog light too..

Weird cuz I remember reading nothing but positive stuff about these kits, and in less than a year I have two dead ballasts..

thats random. i got my kit used and it's been on the car for at least 2 years.

thats random. i got my kit used and it's been on the car for at least 2 years.

I've had my DDM slims for more than 3 years and no issues thus far. Been surprised at how good they've been for $43.

I had a DDM ballast DOA and they didn't believe me and made me ship it back, then they tested it, then they ordered another from China, then shipped it from California to MD. Yay!

Back