What have you done to your P5 today?

Damn, for the price, shipping cost and time savings, I would have just ordered another kit and had spare ballast and bulbs.^^^^^^^^^^^

Hopin I got parts on my porch today.....505 air intake & blue gtspec ltb........not sure where my CDN armrest went - said it went to different town and zip. Not sure what to think about that but hopefully it'll get here somehow.

Last edited:
Damn, for the price, shipping cost and time savings, I would have just ordered another kit and had spare ballast and bulbs.^^^^^^^^^^^

Hopin I got parts on my porch today.....505 air intake & blue gtspec ltb........not sure where my CDN armrest went - said it went to different town and zip. Not sure what to think about that but hopefully it'll get here somehow.

You found GTSpec parts??

I ordered replacement AWR 21.5mm rear sway bushings, as the originals work out something fast.

Did this... Poor p5, shes done. But thankfully Im ok.
10610839_827676813918849_2320011529400821749_n.jpg

Had another of my DDM HID Ballasts fail on me today, this time the driver side headlight. So now i have a reason to buy a replacement ballast for my one fog light too..

Weird cuz I remember reading nothing but positive stuff about these kits, and in less than a year I have two dead ballasts..

Im about to install my 3rd one on the passenger side headlight

You found GTSpec parts??

I ordered replacement AWR 21.5mm rear sway bushings, as the originals work out something fast.
Yeah, scratchnsniff has a facebook protege parts page and the gtspec blue LTB magically appeared all fresh and lovely for 100 shipped...I pounced. All kinda stuff pops up there. Saw a fresh set of fr & rr Medieval motor mounts 70 durometer, spanking new MS axleback & all kinds of goodies. PM him about gettin you on there. I started a FB page just for a video game and now his page.

Yeah, scratchnsniff has a facebook protege parts page and the gtspec blue LTB magically appeared all fresh and lovely for 100 shipped...I pounced. All kinda stuff pops up there. Saw a fresh set of fr & rr Medieval motor mounts 70 durometer, spanking new MS axleback & all kinds of goodies. PM him about gettin you on there. I started a FB page just for a video game and now his page.

brand new GT Spec rear strut bar in that group right now for stupid cheap

Yep, saw that too for 120........my full blue gtspec set is complete, all except hatch cage and I won't be doing that. Leaving the cargo tray and rest of stuff intact back there...other than the rr stb poking thru the side panels. I have LTB, FR STB, RR STB, Ladder Brace, Trailing arms & reinforcement panel with v brace arms. Car digs it.

Mocking up my 505zoom intake box to see where overflow bottle will go and how it fits with my adp extension piece across the top of the radiator and how much trimming it and the adp extension will need to play nice. Intake was for sedan so I have to trim it to fit around the P5 headlight. All kinda makeover s*** going on with MS radiator cap/SS low temp Tstat, Samco hoses, coated OBX and new egr pipe, TB coolant buypass, oil filter sammich plate to run oil pressure gauge, wiring for oil pressure and volt gauges being run, new driver side mount inserts, new passenger mount inserts, new catch can/overflow bottle, gtspec LTB & then after getting out from under there it'll be time for the new Espelir/MSP bumpstop swap & possible rr valance/hatch handle blackout. Then comes the do everything with bkup cam and digital TV 7" touchscreen on the inside & that should take me right up to 2015 at the rate I get to throw time at optional stuff anymore.

spy foteaux........
image.jpg

Last edited:
Engine seized on Friday night. So today, stripped a few parts before donating it or sending it off to the scrap yard.

Thanks, PM sent.

Today was "under the hood day".

First up was replacing the radiator. Not overly difficult except for the rusted bolts and nuts on the fans. Needed to cut the bolts sufficiently so I could break the bolts easily. Didn't have a cutoff wheel for the Dremel, so that precipitated a trip out to get some plus picking up a set of new nuts and bolts. Also, replaced both the upper and lower hoses as the existing ones looked to be original. The coolant was a bit weak (-5 deg freeze protection). So, I replaced it with Peak Long Life. What was in there was gold colored (which the Peak is as well).

Then, I replaced the accessory belts. The existing ones were both Gates, so not original. The alternator/water pump belt is a PITA. Once I resided myself that I needed to get the lower alternator bolt from underneath, it wasn't too bad.

Next was new ignition coils and plugs. The existing plugs were NGKs with maybe 15-20K on them. They were in very good shape. I replaced them with Bosch double platinums.

Then, it was onto replacing the low-beam headlight bulbs. I put in a set of Sylvania Silver Stars.

Finally, wrapped up the day with a new air filter and PCV valve. The existing air filter was pretty dirty and the PCV valve might have been the original.

So, the car ought to be in good enough shape to hopefully get 3-5 years and 20-30K miles down the road with just routine maintenance.

Tomorrow the rear door lock actuator and instrument cluster bulbs will be on the docket.

Latest posts

Back