What have you done to your P5 today?

Hopefully ill be off on wedensday and I can get some maintenance done. Raise the car up, get the new spark plugs in and change the belts. Probably do some road tuning if the WB doesn't act up. Hopefully then ill be able to hit up the dyno in the upcoming months.

extended warranty through carmax (where i got the car). hell of a lot better than trying to claim a lemon law on it

I lurked your build thread and watched all the videos... stop posting. You make me want a KL swap, and that'll cost me more than my car did. And then another chunk of change turboing it a year later, etc, etc...

So when's it getting turbo'd? :p

I'd recommend an LSD first. Getting power down as is may or may not be interesting enough in rain...

^^^ This!!! Haha, thank you Simon.

I tried to pass someone by easing into 3rd gear and the tires slipped. But I am chalking that up to not having a good alignment. The car feels much better now with a good alignment. (I also replace the lower control arms and switched to coilovers when my car was down with the swap so my suspension was all out of whack.)

And LSD is in the plans but will be installed with the turbo (late 2012). For the time being it's called throttle modulation. The gas pedal isn't just ON-OFF.

^^^ nice.

Got the new belts on. Raised the car some. And tightened the bov. Going to take a little nap then head out to swap injectors, find that boost leak and tune the car.

did a headlight restoration.
they where yellowed from the sun before, now almost like new. 11$ for the kit, what a deal! they look great.

What kit did you use? My brother bought some random headlight restorer from Canadian Tire and it doesn't do s***...

I've used 3M with great results, I have heard others use Rain-X and Turtle Wax with great results as well. All you really need is some fine and super fine grit sandpaper, then some buffing and polishing compound.

^ pics of that please...

7397cf0d.jpg

88eb1d8c.jpg

85273479.jpg

Last edited:
I've used 3M with great results, I have heard others use Rain-X and Turtle Wax with great results as well. All you really need is some fine and super fine grit sandpaper, then some buffing and polishing compound.

The 3M one looks good, it comes with a drill attachment :)

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back