What have you done to your P5 today?

My Pro5 been makeing a squeaky sound upon warm-up in the morning?? For sure its not the belt, it sounds like its comeing from the back of the engine. Planning on taking it into the shop but it only happens sometime thought. Anything like this happen to you folks?

happens on every cold start with me, I'm actually looking at pulley sets now since I think I need to change the belts, why not upgrade?

Its easier to change the belts instead of changing the pulleys. lol

Tonight I cut the rest of the piping, including the pie cuts, now I just need time to weld it.

My Pro5 been makeing a squeaky sound upon warm-up in the morning?? For sure its not the belt, it sounds like its comeing from the back of the engine. Planning on taking it into the shop but it only happens sometime thought. Anything like this happen to you folks?

how do you know it's not the belt? nice p5 by the way! love that color!

bro, your signature is huge
you need to fix tht

so I'm skipping the pulley idea and just getting a belt but here is what i've ordered so far today:
1 NGK coil for my misfire code
4 NGK iridium plugs
1 set of NGK wires (both this and the plugs picked up today at advanced auto parts this morning)
Racing Beat Catback for the P5 (hopefully that is the one I picked lol)
Replacement passenger side mirror
2 new fog lights (long story there)
1 set of Retrofits from Matt as well as the bulbs for the fogs (3000k hid for the fogs and 6000k for the lights)
Set of front brakes

Last edited:
stupid double post.... well I will use this space to say that i also preordered Homefront on XBox and got a new laptop (which I'm using now lol)

Oh, and I also made a car payment that put me paid through April

Last edited:
just got back from getting my bike inspected...and NOW IM GOIN TO FIX THIS VACUUM LEAK
im going to show these injector O rings whats up, im gonna swap coils too, to see if it the missfire moves from cyl 2 to cyl 4
hopefully it doesnt because these are brand new

Ordered 11.8" Mazda6 rotors and calipers and hawk pads for the front along with some ss brake lines f&r... rear rotors and calipers soon after.
Next week will be Kumho Ecsta XS 225/40/18's super sticky :) hellacheap!

Holy crap, why such a huge sidewall, Jeff?

I've got my dads Rover snow tires in the garage and they are 215/70-15 and the sidewall looks huge. haha

To compensate for the 2" difference in diameter of the wheel...gotta try and keep the speedo accurate... The 70 actually puts me a little over 1mph faster. And yes...it is a huge sidewall. :)

P5-MeatyGoodness.jpg

18B5000 & 18B5001 Cardone calipers $160 both
120.45069 R1 (DRT) slotted and crossdrilled rotors for bling factor and minute weight saving :) $193
Hawk pads $80

Shane, wish I would of known you needed MS6 stainless lines, I have some sitting in the parts room...

BTW: Also picked up your lip today, it was dirty, so waiting on it to dry before I wrap it...

Should be a busy weekend:

Tonight:
Shave fender section of the rear bumper since I am rubbing on it hardcore with the new low + setup

Tomorrow:
Alignment with changing camber from -1.8 all around to maybe -2 front and -2.5 rear

Sunday:

1. AWR Header (should be received back from AWR today after snapping the O2 bung off)
2. SLS Catted midpipe (should be received back from AWR today. They welded on a new flange since the one that came on the pipe was WAY too big).
3. ATE cool wavy-slot rotors
4. Satisfied VS Ceramic pads
5. ATE Blue brake fluid

finally fixed the CEL, also found out that the other day, when i was pressure testing my IC pipes and intake manifold, my dipstick popped out lol
that may be why my idle was so rough, put some oil on the O rings and pushed the dipstick back in, idles back to normal :)

also have a buyer for the MX5 wheels, AND my 5zigens, so that should be some much needed money going towards my t3 build

Last edited:
Washed and waxed it today, then drove and hit a pothole during a right turn, and my driver side headlight projector shroud popped out and had to bake the light and fix it -__-

IMG_0031 by dtoodaloofoo, on Flickr

ordered a zenesis 502 remote start/alarm, and contemplating getting the z pass for it, but will decide after i get that in the mail and installed

just wanted to add, that when i do get the starter in i will be having it installed professionally (don't want a hack job on this one) and i will have the siren hidden in the car somewhere so if someone breaks in all the audio will be in the car and on a backup battery.... im such an ass sometimes lol

Last edited:
ordered a zenesis 502 remote start/alarm, and contemplating getting the z pass for it, but will decide after i get that in the mail and installed

just wanted to add, that when i do get the starter in i will be having it installed professionally (don't want a hack job on this one) and i will have the siren hidden in the car somewhere so if someone breaks in all the audio will be in the car and on a backup battery.... im such an ass sometimes lol

i hope you have better luck with that than my co-worker. he went through 3 remotes and half the time he couldn't start his car and the 2-way function wouldn't work. that was all in about a month. he ended up getting an astrostart. which has never given him any trouble.

i washed my car for maybe the second time this winter. it was really dirty, then i took a couple pics with my new iphone. ive never had a phone with a decent camera in it.
before
82c5ce95.jpg

after
fae18bdb.jpg

Back