What have you done to your P5 today?

Got a TWM shifter. I have to bring it back to life though, No threads on top. Totally hashed. Well see how this goes.

Going to put my new side mirrors on tonight, along with some porting for the intake manifold. Soon Dyno, soon.

Got a TWM shifter. I have to bring it back to life though, No threads on top. Totally hashed. Well see how this goes.

Going to put my new side mirrors on tonight, along with some porting for the intake manifold. Soon Dyno, soon.

Spent all day yesterday and half of today installing/uninstalling AWR header and SLS catted midpipe *:cussing:

Also, while moving the intake tube, it ripped in half *:cussing: Good thing Hung had an extra.

Yesterday the O2 bung got caught on the oil pan and snapped the bung right off the header. *:cussing:

Today I tried the midpipe with the stock manifold/jpipe and the flange for the SLS was waaaay bigger than the jpipe, so there was a huge exhaust leak. *:cussing:

Only success this weekend was that I replaced my faulty fused distribution block so now my amp turns on again. At least I have music

Maybe you need a new donut gasket?

Re-threaded the shifter. I have to wait for my "proper" bubble shift knob to come in before I can install it.

Last edited:
Replaced a license plate bulb yesterday.....that's two bulbs within a week...so waiting on a third to go somewhere.....

Spent all day yesterday and half of today installing/uninstalling AWR header and SLS catted midpipe *:cussing:

Also, while moving the intake tube, it ripped in half *:cussing: Good thing Hung had an extra.

Yesterday the O2 bung got caught on the oil pan and snapped the bung right off the header. *:cussing:

Today I tried the midpipe with the stock manifold/jpipe and the flange for the SLS was waaaay bigger than the jpipe, so there was a huge exhaust leak. *:cussing:

Only success this weekend was that I replaced my faulty fused distribution block so now my amp turns on again. At least I have music

Damn, the AWR O2 bung snapped right off? Umm, that wasn't welded on there very well then... That's a little worrying. When I was running my MM catless midpipe, the flange for the bottom of my Spooled^ header was huge too. As stated, make sure you use a new OEM donut gasket and I used a bead of RTV around the gasket to seal against the flange of the midpipe and it worked pretty well.

Really didn't do anything to the p5 today but made a homemade oil catch can out of my venom energy drink..Total cost $9 buck's and that include's the cost of the drink :)

s42kc0.jpg

99qu6t.jpg

219utyv.jpg

Just got my Proper+ shift knob in the mail. They didn't send the adapter.....booooo. I was going to put in my refurbished twm short shifter and the new shift knob today..... =(

put a new oil cap on cause my old one was leaking and ordered a passenger motor mount, mine is almost completely ripped in half haha. other than that i'm slowly putting it back to stock over the winter. once the snow melts it's going up for sale and im getting a wrx!! most likely a 2004, a wagon of course. ive had enough of FWD for a while now. i also haven't washed it in a few weeks haha. it's just to cold.

Last edited:
put a new oil cap on cause my old one was leaking and ordered a passenger motor mount, mine is almost completely ripped in half haha. other than that i'm slowly putting it back to stock over the winter. once the snow melts it's going up for sale and im getting a wrx!! most likely a 2004, a wagon of course. ive had enough of FWD for a while now. i also haven't washed it in a few weeks haha. it's just to cold.

you should do the DIY MM repair. Its easy and works great. I did both sides and its been holding up. Shane had a how to somewhere if you are interested. Cost is less than $20. Oil cap on my DD BMW was leaking too. Man that makes a mess.

Back