What have you done to your P5 today?

you should do the DIY MM repair. Its easy and works great. I did both sides and its been holding up. Shane had a how to somewhere if you are interested. Cost is less than $20. Oil cap on my DD BMW was leaking too. Man that makes a mess.

i m getting the mount at cost through work (dont even know how much it costs, haha) i just figure if someone is looking at it id rather them see a good mount rather than a repaired mount, even if it works just as good. plus it's easier just to swap it out, haha.
ya a leaking oil cap sucks i had oil all over my nice (mostly clean) valve cover. and maybe even some down farther didn't really look to hard. by the way i'm definitely gonna put the coolant tank on the wrx!

photo16-1.jpg

photo17-1.jpg

=) Twm Shifter and Proper+ shift knob installed. In the rain. Im happy though.

I'd heard of dildos as shift knobs but I've never actually seen one before...

(squinty)

They had a 25% off sale new years day. This one was the only one I liked. The bubble ones look more like dildos than this one.

Damn, the AWR O2 bung snapped right off? Umm, that wasn't welded on there very well then... That's a little worrying. When I was running my MM catless midpipe, the flange for the bottom of my Spooled^ header was huge too. As stated, make sure you use a new OEM donut gasket and I used a bead of RTV around the gasket to seal against the flange of the midpipe and it worked pretty well.

Yeah it was pretty crazy. I spoke to Tony at AWR and he said if I sent it in, he would take care of it. I will be mocking up a better spot to place the O2 bung and also sending my midpipe so they can make sure it all seals perfectly

I registered for the first NASA Hyperdrive of the season at Mid-Ohio. Ordered new Brembo blanks for the front, picked up a used DG cf hood, ordered my Clutchmasters Stage 1 clutch and flywheel for the KL and now looking for some StopTech front SS lines to match the rears I picked up a couple weeks ago.

This season is going to be a fun season for my P5 as I plan to do a lot more track days with the new motor. :)

i m getting the mount at cost through work (dont even know how much it costs, haha) i just figure if someone is looking at it id rather them see a good mount rather than a repaired mount, even if it works just as good. plus it's easier just to swap it out, haha.
ya a leaking oil cap sucks i had oil all over my nice (mostly clean) valve cover. and maybe even some down farther didn't really look to hard. by the way i'm definitely gonna put the coolant tank on the wrx!

Oh yea, forgot about you wanting to sell. Glad to hear you are keeping the tank tho!!! Makes me happy. Good luck with everything.

I can't wait for it to be warmer out so I can set a weekend to start on the swap. It's going to take a bit longer since it's going to be a little bit more expensive with the LSD but it will be worth it. LSD, headers and aluminum radiator/fans are the last big purchases I have left. Then some sticky tires for summer. The list goes on... heh-heh.

ps- did you see my post about if you have a drivers side rear caliper FS?

Need to know if the stock STI wheels will fit on my car. or look dumb. quickly before i miss the sale. 18x8.5 5x114.3 ? too big? but awesome price. its going to need tires, but these wont be put on till atleast april or May so i have time to buy tires. hmmmm opinions? quickly preferably. lol
http://ivyleagueeast.com/2010/12/10/keepin-it-interesting/

thats this guys car. nice shots on that blog too. amazing cars.

Last edited:
It depends what year. Look up KauaiMP5 he has a set of sti bbs wheels.

You will need spacers, the hub bore is different.

Also you will need to roll your fenders.

yea uh....those are going to be pretty flush, your gonna have to stretch tire and roll your fenders for sure

Kauai has the old sti wheels, the 18's are off the new body style...sumthaiguy has them on his MS3

edit: nvm im retarded, sumthaiguy has the 350z wheels...same size though

I know here its like $50 per fender. Unless you can rent the tool out from somewhere.

I would say get them, and make them fit. lol

18x8.5 is a pretty big wheel to fit onto a P5. I would say "nay" but I'm not really into stretching tires and hellaflush and whatnot. Like the other cats mentioned, you'd have to roll your fenders FOR SURE. Seems like they would be more trouble than their worth, IMHO.

I understand when we see something we like we have that "impulse buy" trigger go off, that's why it's good to sleep on big decisions like this. They look a lot like RX-8 wheels to me.

Back