What have you done to your P5 today?

HELL YEA...as long as it isn't just the bar alone...and MSP endlinks are a MUST...do not use the stock ones, it will cause the bar to flip over...I know...it happened to me and it sucks...

or try and find some adjustable endlinks like i have, they work really really well for the situation. also get energy suspension bushings and the AWR mounting bracket. PM me if you want the links to both

did my first drive on my pro-kit springs. they make such a difference! i did a round-about faster than before and i wasn't even squealing my tires yet. i love them and the drop makes the car look so much better. I should be getting disco's dg grille tomorrow and i have my retro's to install. i also got my honda short antenna in the mail today. my car is really starting to look way different than when i bought it.

Looking for some help. Yesterday my '03 P5 with 135k had the CEL come on. The code is P0300. I pulled the EGR valve and cleaned it out with carb cleaner. While inspecting it, I discovered it was stuck open. After cleaning it thoroughly, it remained closed. I also sea-foamed the engine. The CEL shut off for about 5 minutes and while test driving the car (post EGR cleaning), the rough idle and poor running engine persist.

While adding sea foam to the engine, I noticed a bit of smoke coming from within the engine cavity, almost immediately. I am going to inspect the vacumn lines after work today.

Any additional input anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated. My car has been flawless up until this point...

I just sprayed it. After reading a bit more, I am going to pull it out and disassemble it and give it a thorough cleaning.

Just spraying it won't do much of anything. Get a wire brush and soak/scrub/rinse til you can't see any more carbon build up.

Looking for some help. Yesterday my '03 P5 with 135k had the CEL come on. The code is P0300. I pulled the EGR valve and cleaned it out with carb cleaner. While inspecting it, I discovered it was stuck open. After cleaning it thoroughly, it remained closed. I also sea-foamed the engine. The CEL shut off for about 5 minutes and while test driving the car (post EGR cleaning), the rough idle and poor running engine persist.

While adding sea foam to the engine, I noticed a bit of smoke coming from within the engine cavity, almost immediately. I am going to inspect the vacumn lines after work today.

Any additional input anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated. My car has been flawless up until this point...

wait you have a p0300 and the first place you went after was the EGR? When was the last time you changed your plugs wires or coils?

keep and eye on the plugs and coil packs, if u drop a coil pack it'll ruin your pre-cat then you'll be gutting the sucker and installing the anti-fouler trick. take it from someone who had this EXACT same problem. grab a voltmeter and test your coil packs and wires.

got 28.67 mpg last tank.

I have never changed my coil packs/plugs. I will test the packs with a meter and replace if necessary. I will also replace the plugs. As for MPG, I regularly get ~31+ on the freeway...

Back