What have you done to your P5 today?

I think I'm going to attempt to install the cat-back tomorrow. Don't have any real experience doing this. Any chance I'll be able to get the bolts free with just hand tools?

depends on if they are rusted or not. my advice to you is to soak the bolts and nuts in pb blaster a hour before you start so it can penetrate and give you a better chance of breaking them loose

is that the stock height wit the lip on? or did u lower it? lol kinda thinking of getting one but dunt wanna scrap it on everything..hawaii's roads are crap..

No that's definitely lowered lol. If you look at my other pic that i posted you can see its lowered about 2 inches. Sprint springs. Oh and Ohio roads arent much better. Especially here on campus so I am gonna have to become a professional driver to avoid scratching the s*** out of the lip once its on lol.

ooo i see. thats a nice drop xD lol think of it as autox? hehe

for the lip how much does it lower the front by? i found somewhere on the forum about 2"?

No that's definitely lowered lol. If you look at my other pic that i posted you can see its lowered about 2 inches. Sprint springs. Oh and Ohio roads arent much better. Especially here on campus so I am gonna have to become a professional driver to avoid scratching the s*** out of the lip once its on lol.

I think I'm going to attempt to install the cat-back tomorrow. Don't have any real experience doing this. Any chance I'll be able to get the bolts free with just hand tools?
Good luck.
Plan on breaking things and cussing a lot.
I bet a shop would install it for about $65-75....It would be well worth it..Trust me.
Exhaust work is the worst.

Good luck.
Plan on breaking things and cussing a lot.
I bet a shop would install it for about $65-75....It would be well worth it..Trust me.
Exhaust work is the worst.

Good call.

Yeah, everything is rusted on pretty well. I had it up on stands a couple of weeks ago to put a short shifter in, and took a look while I was under there. It's on there pretty solid.

Any recommendations on shops?

haha yea thanks. I dunno how much it lowers it by but as you can see, the car is about to be about 2.75 inches from the ground once the lip is installed lol.

I need people's opinion though. I was thinking about installing the lip as is right now unpainted and leaving it on there for a week or two or however long to see how i like it until i can get it painted. Do you think it would look stupid and/or ricey? thanks for the input.

ooo i see. thats a nice drop xD lol think of it as autox? hehe

for the lip how much does it lower the front by? i found somewhere on the forum about 2"?

there's several people here on the forums i noticed that just left it unpainted. it actually looks pretty kool unpainted. but it also looks good painted white as well. there was one white p5 who had a p5 wit the lip unpainted wit the blue fog light protectors. here it is xD

057.jpg

055.jpg

headlights010.jpg

i like his car hehe

Good call.

Yeah, everything is rusted on pretty well. I had it up on stands a couple of weeks ago to put a short shifter in, and took a look while I was under there. It's on there pretty solid.

Any recommendations on shops?
Car X on Dorothy Ln out in kettering IS pretty good...Thats where I have always had everything done.
Any Decent shop should be able to take care of it for about the same money.

I would almost guarantee it would be money well spent to have them do it.

there's several people here on the forums i noticed that just left it unpainted. it actually looks pretty kool unpainted. but it also looks good painted white as well. there was one white p5 who had a p5 wit the lip unpainted wit the blue fog light protectors. here it is xD

i like his car hehe

heres my old look=) this is painted gloss black, but used to have it not painted and just armorall it to have it shinny. Didnt have enough money back then to paint it.
Efrens-1.jpg

Last edited:

i like his car hehe

that was a MOCC member... i believe that car was located in temecula, about 20minutes north of me

Today is summer wheel cleaning day. My winter wheels are still on the car so this should be a reasonably easy and painless job.

Got new winter tires because they are out of season and cheap woot!. I also got my new wheels and tires balanced...a set of BBS RF's 3 piece. 17x8 and 17x9...Although I'm not putting them on until I get the tein wrenches so I can lower the car ore to remove the gap. I have no pics yet of the wheel but here's one from google to show what they look like.
160_0707_24_s1989_vw_golf_rallyebbs.jpg

Last edited:
Got my OBX header on. I love PB Blaster!! Everybolt was rusted solid the first time I tried. I soaked the bolts every 2-3 hours the day of the install and it still took some brute force and a breaker bar, but they all popped loose, including the spring bolts. I hate those things now!!

I do have a problem though. I bought a new exhaust gasket and installed it with the header. Problem I have now is it sounds almost like an exhaust leak at the head. It's not all the time though, only when I am over halfway on the throttle. I am gonna pull the header and reinstall the stock gasket to see if that fixes it.

Also, converted the Injen CAI into an SRI so i no longer fear water.

Pics to come Monday

Got new winter tires because they are out of season and cheap woot!. [/IMG]

Was thinking that myself. Be a good time of year to find some new ones. Start first with the same Kumho tires I have now. Also looking into getting some winter alloys. Hold off for now till I decide whether or not I'll even be keeping the car.

heres my old look=) this is painted gloss black, but used to have it not painted and just armorall it to have it shinny. Didnt have enough money back then to paint it.
Efrens-1.jpg

Yea I think I'm actually gonna go ahead and do that armor all option until i can get it painted. EVADE, how did you get yours painted eventually? DIY or shop or? thanks for the input everyone. I just may run home today and install the lip today (yes)(yes):p:p

Back