What have you done to your P5 today?

I finally put the mazda 6 wiper on...
Man, what a difference.
Looks better, works better, I'm all grins.
And it rained today (shocker in Seattle) so I got to experience the full effect.

I finally put the mazda 6 wiper on...
Man, what a difference.
Looks better, works better, I'm all grins.
And it rained today (shocker in Seattle) so I got to experience the full effect.

I really need to do this mod. What was the total cost?

I really need to do this mod. What was the total cost?

I was lazy and bought the parts off someone on this forum returning their car to stock, so it cost me $30... if you're willing to do the legwork and look for a 6 wagon in a junkyard, you can do it for much less.

Beyond worth it, in my opinion.

Check out the how-to thread if you haven't already, lots of good information from people in there including where to buy the parts new online (can't remember how much that was, but I'm pretty sure it was still under $50).

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123643192

Put stock leather shift knob back on, cleaned/recharged the k&n drop in air filter, royal purple oil change, and changed gear oil too.

Previously had Redline mt90 gear oil, just figured i'd give RP max gear oil a try.

Obtained mp3 pcm to install. :) Yanked out some trim and found a plate leading to where I think it goes...gotta check the online manual just in case.

-jason

PS Anyone want a gunmetal black/blued TWM counterweight shift knob? For sale thread is here

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123721370

35 bucks shipped. (tank of gas)

-jason

Last edited:
decided to take off the door moldings.

that was a terrible idea. i def should have waited till it was hot out... or at least warmed them up more w/ my halogens. that glue is a b**** to take off.

sat there and scrubbed with goof off for a good 45 minutes. now its to dark to remove the rest of them. Ill finish it up tomorrow, and probably polish the lower door panels to remove and scratches i know i put on just now. =(

decided to take off the door moldings.

that was a terrible idea. i def should have waited till it was hot out... or at least warmed them up more w/ my halogens. that glue is a b**** to take off.

sat there and scrubbed with goof off for a good 45 minutes. now its to dark to remove the rest of them. Ill finish it up tomorrow, and probably polish the lower door panels to remove and scratches i know i put on just now. =(

4520.jpg

Ordered up some AWR side motor mount inserts from Ken just now..Might be buyin a Mazdaspeed Axleback.

after two hours scrubbing away i got the adhesive off of the drivers side door. all thats left is the passenger side adhesive. which ill do tomorrow because my hands hurt.

Im definetely going to have to compound and polish the lower section of the door, and even might have to wetsand some areas because i scraped it pretty badly to with a chisel trying very carefully to remove the adhesive. Ill also have to touch up some of those ares to because i put 2 tiiiny nicks as well. oh well. Better put the hundreds and hundreds of detailing products to work.

i went to start it, and nothing happened.

Dead battery is teh FAIL

But, i did get the new brake rotors and pads on. Good lord am I glad i let them do it

3 of the 4 pins in the calipers were seized. The front driver's side caliper was seized to the point he couldn't turn the wheel by hand. And it's been that way for who knows how long, so, hopefully with the freed up wheel, gas mileage should increase too

Brakes are tighter and much quieter as well as smoother.

Oil change also brought some intresting things. With Total Oil, i was averaging about 100 psi on the oil pressure on cold startup and idle at 30 or so with cruising at 60-80 depending on speed

Now, with regular oil again, cold start pressure is 80-90 and warm idle is 20, with 60-70 being cruising pressure

Oil temps have also increased up to nearly 220 all the time

Any thoughts so far?

And, i didn't get the mount in as the mechanic just now finally finished the last engine replacment from the Tropical Storm Fay. He's had a solid line of new motors from people thinking they can drive through water.

So, i'll be leaving the car with him next week as well to put in the motor mount, or, i'll hold out until Dec/Jan when I have him pu tthe springs/struts on. I think I'll have ti in now, cause, the rear is totally shot.

i should get on removin the door moldings. mine arent lookin so hot

haha be careful doing it cause its been a couple years already, and the paint sort of attaches itself to the molding, and leaving you with chips, and a whole outline of the molding, and waxing wont do good.
happend to me, and now im gona get the car repainted either Pure White, or my current laser blue color.

haha be careful doing it cause its been a couple years already, and the paint sort of attaches itself to the molding, and leaving you with chips, and a whole outline of the molding, and waxing wont do good.
happend to me, and now im gona get the car repainted either Pure White, or my current laser blue color.

those are slow colors, paint it 22v!

Latest posts

Back